M14 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is NIB, never mounted in original box that it was shipped in. I've seen these sell for $1000 and up depending on condition. Not sure what to ask for this one so I'll start at $1500 and entertain all reasonable offers. Please PM me for additional information or pics.

*Edit...If I'm smoking crack please tell me...I don't mind looking dumb but I hate it when I don't have to*

(800 bucks or trade for a Ruger .308 Scout.)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
*Edit...If I'm smoking crack please tell me...I don't mind looking dumb but I hate it when I don't have to*
Ummm... yes and no. You have a "late" model Reese folding stock. The folding buttstock only has one "arm" and the buttplate is larger in its dimensions. The more desirable ones are the earlier ones that had two "arms" and a smaller buttpad/plate. The early folding mechanisms were pulled off of BM-59 alpine stocks that were imported and were grafted onto M14 stocks. They exhibit a front sling loop, a sling loop on the folding mechanism and another cut out for a sling to pass thru on the bottom of the buttpade/plate.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Then I take it that I am, but I'm not, too far off depending on the buyer (as always). I own a BM-59 Alpini and can tell you that the two arm folder sucks. I can't tell you how many times I've pinched my hands when I fold it up. It sure does look sweet though. I'll leave it up for a bit and do the usual price drop unless someone makes a reasonable offer. Thanks for your input. Tempted to swap out the two arms.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for all the feedback. Apparently I am smoking crack but it really ain't that good. After consulting with some of you more knowledgeable individuals, I've decided 800 bucks is more than reasonable for this stock. Thanks to all that provided input.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Up

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump to the top. The hardware is very easily replaced should you decide to purchase a beat up old BM59 Stock and swap them out.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Up

·
Registered