M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the new NM rear sights any good? Do they make them or are they made over seas and rebadged like Springfield Inc. does?

·
MGySgt USMC (ret)
7,066 Posts
Allow me to tell you that the one thing I've found using anything SEInc manufactures or has manufactured since the 1980's, it is quality stuff. If it ain't right, they will fix it unless the receiver you have is so out of spec that it can't be fixed due to the receiver and sometimes that is the case.

When Ron first began making what is now known as the Coast Guard Muzzle Brakes a couple decades ago, some got out that were not drilled and tapped for the Castle Nut Set screw. I got one of them and drilled and tapped it myself as it was easier to do than send it back. Ron got them corrected a long, LONG time ago.

I have used a TON of stuff that Ron has made over the years and never worry about it not being right or on the slight chance something got away from them, they will make it right.

The only problem I've ever seen is when someone orders the wrong part, themselves. Ron will exchange it as long as one doesn't screw it up, but if one has questions - then it is best to contact them first when ordering so you get the correct part for your rifle. I'm talking mainly here about stuff for the short barreled rifles and people mix up what they should order for their rifles at times.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have one of there gas cylinder and piston in my LRB and it is top knotch. I think there stuff is good just have not seen there NM sight.
Is the knob, base, and elevation pinion marked with there name and is it marked in meters with the M also?

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Is the knob, base, and elevation pinion marked with there name and is it marked in meters with the M also?
There are no manufacturer markings on the SEI NM rear sight assembly. Yes, the elevation knob is marked with a M for meters.

·
Automatic Rifleman
574 Posts
One of my M14s is nearly all SEI from the over 20 year old, pre ban forged receiver w/ medium weight barrel to the new op-rod, gas system, USCG brake and NM spring guide and sights.

Every bit is top notch.

I'm considering sending in my NOS USGI SA trigger group for their upgrades.

They are also great to deal with. Ron called me several times while I was waiting for an order to make sure this 'little fish' was being taken care of.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts