M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Way before I designed the Rogue, I had a dream of using my ar-10 as a dual purpose rifle (long range/CQB). The problem I had was finding a mini red dot scope mount that suited my needs. There is a lot of choices out there, but none quite cut the mustard for me. So this week I designed my own........here's a first look, i will test it out this weekend and let you guys know how it works out.
The concept was to look through your long range scope with your right eye for distance shooting........while having the capability of using your left eye to look through your MRDS (Mini Red Dot System) for CQB and quick acquisition, without losing your cheek weld. this mount fits Insight MRDS, Trijicon, Doctor optics, and Jpoint sights. it can be used in the 9,12,3,5 and 7 o'clock position......i like at 9 o'clock which i illustrate below, I have Zeroed it, works awesome and the cheek weld is perfect for me. hope you guys enjoy!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Looks pretty cool. Do you think it will be faster to use than a 2 o'clock mount?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's really fast........feels real natural with both eyes open. I will have it on display at shot show......if you're there come check it out.

·
Registered
352 Posts
it's really fast........feels real natural with both eyes open. I will have it on display at shot show......if you're there come check it out.
I wish I could attend shot show. Instead I have to go to school and sell auto parts to drunken shade tree mechanics. RNGR4

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I could attend shot show. Instead I have to go to school and sell auto parts to drunken shade tree mechanics. RNGR4
I will be passing through AZ on my way back, are you near Maricopa??? we are going to do some long range shooting.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I live about an hour north of the phoenix area. What range are you hitting? Work and school depending, I might be available to do some shooting.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Range??? LOL,hahahahah.............out in the desert! My friend has a spot......long shots. probably around Jan 23-24th.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Range??? LOL,hahahahah.............out in the desert! My friend has a spot......long shots. probably around Jan 23-24th.
If you guys are headed out north of the phoenix, let me know and I'll try to tag along. I might not be shooting as far as you with my 4x ACOG, but it's always good to brush shoulders with other M-14 owners.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that's ok.....you can shoot mine. I'll let you know where we are at.........any ranges in sadona?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Funny I was just tinkering in my mind about that very idea. Well done what's the cost?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't know yet...........give me a week, gotta figure out it test out good first....then we got to add up what it cost to make it. it's pretty darn tedious to machine. it will be in line with our competitors.

·
Registered
352 Posts
that's ok.....you can shoot mine. I'll let you know where we are at.........any ranges in sadona?
No clue, I live in a little town called payson. Up in the mountains.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
shooting

I will be passing through AZ on my way back, are you near Maricopa??? we are going to do some long range shooting.
Dont mean to sound like a tagalong but if your passing thru my city, i want in, do you mean maricopa county or the city of maricopa which is where i live, i have some freshly built toys that are itching to go outside and playDI5

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the city of Maricopa............bring it on!!!! the more the Merry'r!!!

Dont mean to sound like a tagalong but if your passing thru my city, i want in, do you mean maricopa county or the city of maricopa which is where i live, i have some freshly built toys that are itching to go outside and playDI5

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was thinking for the last few days that I might have to purchase a separate scope mount (Bassett) for my CQB sights / optics... It looks like if I use the Bassett Picatinny Rail Scope Mount there would be enough room to include this type of mount.

I checked the M14 Parts and Armory site and could not find their version, or did I read the post wrong? Anyway, thanks for the great photos and information!

Peace - Patrick ><>

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
they will have them in about a week...............mounts are going off to anodizing today! you can call them for pricing.

I was thinking for the last few days that I might have to purchase a separate scope mount (Bassett) for my CQB sights / optics... It looks like if I use the Bassett Picatinny Rail Scope Mount there would be enough room to include this type of mount.

I checked the M14 Parts and Armory site and could not find their version, or did I read the post wrong? Anyway, thanks for the great photos and information!

Peace - Patrick ><>

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.