M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I am an avid shooter from Pittsburgh. I've been shooting since I can remember, at least 27 years, and my main love was handguns for a while. I recently got into rifles and now enjoy them more. A recent trip to a gun shop introduced me to the M1A and I immediately knew I needed one. Just the feel of it was enough to convince me. It just felt like a bad ass instrument of warfare. I went home and called my dad up and asked him about it, but he was still using the Garand in Korea as well as an M1 carbine. So, after some searching I discovered this platform to be the civilian model of the famous M14.

I have heard nothing but amazing things about this rifle and, thanks to the internet, found an online forum to read up on it. 1600$ is a good piece of money, but I am already making room in the gun safe for it as we speak. Hopefully I'll have my hands on one next week!

Very recently, I became interested in some longer range shooting and had been goin mad as to which rifle to start out with. I feel like I have my answer in this platform. I can't wait to learn more about it from everyone here, especially the grunts who got to take one to combat (thanks for your service fellas)!GI5

·
Administrator
17,383 Posts
Great decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often SteelerNation.

DI5

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Can't wait to learn more. I still can't find anything negative written about this rifle. I'm glad I found it now before I purchased something else!

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Welcome from Texas , SteelerNation . You might check out some of the rifles for sale on site here.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Welcome to PA USN5

Sent live from the LB concert dahntahn

Hello!

I am an avid shooter from Pittsburgh. I've been shooting since I can remember, at least 27 years, and my main love was handguns for a while. I recently got into rifles and now enjoy them more. A recent trip to a gun shop introduced me to the M1A and I immediately knew I needed one. Just the feel of it was enough to convince me. It just felt like a bad ass instrument of warfare. I went home and called my dad up and asked him about it, but he was still using the Garand in Korea as well as an M1 carbine. So, after some searching I discovered this platform to be the civilian model of the famous M14.

I have heard nothing but amazing things about this rifle and, thanks to the internet, found an online forum to read up on it. 1600$ is a good piece of money, but I am already making room in the gun safe for it as we speak. Hopefully I'll have my hands on one next week!

Very recently, I became interested in some longer range shooting and had been goin mad as to which rifle to start out with. I feel like I have my answer in this platform. I can't wait to learn more about it from everyone here, especially the grunts who got to take one to combat (thanks for your service fellas)!GI5

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Well, I see you are a die hard Philly Eagles fan!!! Just bustin'.............Welcome from Clearfield,Pa. the land of Grice Gunshop and Bob's Army Navy store........the two gunshops worth visiting if in PA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I see you are a die hard Philly Eagles fan!!! Just bustin'.............Welcome from Clearfield,Pa. the land of Grice Gunshop and Bob's Army Navy store........the two gunshops worth visiting if in PA.
Lol. No. Not an Eagles fan really. Ironically, I've always liked the Flyers though...haha

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Welcome from MN. I bet if you prowl around the "black rifle" forums you'll read plenty of negative things about the M14. BGRIN1

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Welcome from Berks county, PA. Check out the Philadelphia Gun Show in Oaks if you have not already. James River Armory is often there and at times have had a show discount on their rifles. I don't have one personally but many people here on the forum do and most seem to love them. Forged receiver and mostly if not all USGI parts. It looks to be a good product.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome from Chester County Pa

1 - 20 of 24 Posts