·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Shot from the Bench in Central Texas @ 100 yards
100-105 DegF
0-5 mph wind blowing from target to shooter
Springfield Armory M1a Loaded model
-Sadlak Spring Guide, Sadlak Airborne scope mount, Vortex Viper LR HS, Fulton Armory Leather Sling
5 rounds in magazine
5 rounds shot, measuring a fat 1.25"
Hornady 168gr SMK .308 (factory load)
SEI Cheek Riser
Thanks for looking.

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,020 Posts
Nice looking rig and shooting is real good there srinidhalaya.

DI5

Reactions: srinidhalaya

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
yes, very good!

Reactions: srinidhalaya

·
Premium Member
5,522 Posts
Very nice shooting! - and it seems a quality rifle as well.
The group looks to be about 0.5 moa wide --- could some of that vertical be from the way the rifle rode the bench? Personally, I never could shoot as well off a bench as I could prone with a tight sling and a sand bag under my forearm hand...... But as I aged , sitting at a bench became a lot more comfortable....
Either way - great shooting!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice shooting! - and it seems a quality rifle as well.
The group looks to be about 1.2 moa wide --- could some of that vertical be from the way the rifle rode the bench? Personally, I never could shoot as well off a bench as I could prone with a tight sling and a sand bag under my forearm hand...... But as I aged , sitting at a bench became a lot more comfortable....
Either way - great shooting!
I'm pretty sure the vertical string was mostly me. I had it slung very tight, sandbagged on the bench, and my heart beat was jumping the whole 2 inch square. Was doing my best, but I don't get much time behind the trigger. I live in the country, but don't have land, so it's an hour drive to the closest outdoor range, and they won't allow shooting in any other position but benched @ 100.

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone.

If that's a 200yd group that's awesome.
It was 100 yards I thought I put that in the info but I missed it. edited it to include.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Not bad at all - especially with a sling. The things that might be causing the stringing usually go away somewhat after a lot of trigger time as others have said.

Very nice looking rig. A friend just put that scope on his M1A.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.