M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While out shooting today with Rooster33, he showed me a couple of new parts he has been working on.

First was a M14 scout scope mount that clamps on the barrel.

Second was a "Tactical" style bolt release for the M14s.He had the prototype on his M14 and it really is SWEEEEEET!.You can now release your bolt ala' AR15 style, and it also makes it easier to lock your bolt back.

They will both be parkerised.

Sorry, but no pics or prices yet.

Rooster now has the new style adjustment knobs for his cheek rests in a parkerised finish.All new cheek rests come with these knobs.No more tools needed for adjusting the cheek rest.

Will keep you informed on any new developments.

SKBY.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Sounds like a winner ... :D

I've already had several inquiries for the new cheekrest version availability ...

Six

G

·
Ooooh! Ooooh! Ooooh! I want that bolt release!

Rooster33's in the same city as me, too. Muahahaha. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
hello all,
I have been working on some new items, and skullboy does not miss a thing when we go shooting toghether. I got some pics if someone would like to post them for me. this last saturday I finished all the function testing, now I just have to parkerize and they are done. thanks,
rooster33

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rooster33 just delivered a scout Aimpoint mount tonite, looks sweet and nowhere near as long as the SA mount, will mate perfect with an ARMS#22 Low ring, ofcourse he gave me one of his Spec-Ops versions (read: not parked and no engraving) :wink:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sparrow said:
Rooster33 just delivered a scout Aimpoint mount tonite, looks sweet and nowhere near as long as the SA mount, will mate perfect with an ARMS#22 Low ring, ofcourse he gave me one of his Spec-Ops versions (read: not parked and no engraving) :wink:
Is the Aimpoint mount made of aluminum? Will it fit on a Medium weight NM barrel or is it designed for a USGI contour?

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
RedRiverSix said:
Six are you gonna carry those too?
I can if Laz wants to send me some .....

Hes been pretty busy as of late as well as I and we have'nt had much time to yap at one another about these but I will carry them here for him if'n he wants me to ...

Six

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Sounds like a winner Laz ...

I know your busier than a bear in a beehive and I am lookin forward to gettin' some of the newer version cheekrests too.

Still installin' the old one now and again with some waitin' on word from me when the newer version will be available.

Six

·
Registered
125 Posts
welcome Hungry,
I got fifty of them as we speak, they just need Parkerizing. that is the only part I do not do myself, and sometimes there is a waiting list to get in there. hopefully that will change, and I can set up to do it myself.
good to have you here Hungry. for everyone else, Hungry is a fellow gunnut with a passion for the M14. he has rebarreled a bunch of M305 for fellow gunnuts. I hope to see you at the fall M14 clinic. talk to you soon,
rooster33

·
Registered
125 Posts
actually sparrow, if you put it that way, I probably have about 32 left. but it is not one of them supply and demand thing, I will try to have these in stock at all times. I do not want to send out a message to buy now because there is only an X amount that will ever be made or sold. I hate that crap. fair price, quality product and no waiting, unless I get an order for about 500 parts to be delivered in a week, then I might be in trouble.
rooster33

·
Registered
37 Posts
M14 Fun

Rooster:

I can do them / parkerize them for you. Send them in a box to me and I'll turn them around to you inside 24 hours. I've got a holiday break coming up next week !

Here's your window of opportunity !

Cheers,
Barney

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Spoke with Laz via PM and he will be sending me some of these newbies very soon ...

For any of you that will be interested in acquiring these from him ... through me ... I will let you know when I have them here ...

Six

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just recieved my Rooster33 Tactical bolt release today. :D Hand delivered even!!!

Nicely parkerised.Going to install it tonight and take some pics.

You guys are gonna love this gizmo!!!!! :D

SKBY.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.