M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for a spare stock to do customization on (camo, rails). Will stocks made for different M1A variants work on each other? In particular, I've found a deal for a stock that came on a Scout, and I own a SOCOM 16.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
They should all interchange. However, some stocks fit certain guns better than others(gun to gun). Some need some work to fit well. But there is no design difference between how a scout or a socom (or any M1A)will sit in a stock.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Are you wanting wood or fiberglass?

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,439 Posts
They should all interchange. However, some stocks fit certain guns better than others(gun to gun).
+1 to Patchhound. From the gas cylinder rearward, all M14/M1As are generally the same dimension wise with the exception of production tolerances. The Socom is different from the gas cylinder lock forward so that doesn't affect stock fit, so any M 14 stock should be able to be used on any rifle theoretically. Due to mass production and tolerance variations, I've seen some stock/action/trigger group combinations that didn't work or were extremely tight or loose, I've switched trigger groups or tried a different stock and that has solved the problem I've had a few times. Is it a USGI fiberglass stock you are looking at? If you ever decide to get a newer chassis stock, the J.A.E.-100 has a set of adjustment screws under the trigger guard area that eliminates the problem.
m14brian

·
Registered
23 Posts
Look at the pictures I loaded the stock onmy scout with the battle rail is off my socom and the walnut stock is off my scout.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts