M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for allowing my admission to this forum.
Looking to buy my first M14/M1A/M21 soon. I was going to make my purchase for a new Springfield M1A Scout squad in GunBrokers but none are currently available. Just last month more than a few were listed. I did some more research and found other makers of these rifles. Especially James River Armory with Bula Defense receivers and beautiful wood stock and hand guard. I'm leaning towards the M21 DMR.

I am retired, born and raised in California. I've had enough of CA and moved to Keller, Texas a few years ago. I am a total gear head, was a mechanic early in life, hot rodder with 1969 SS396 L78 Chevelle, motorcyclist for 50 years but sold my Harley due to arthritis. I got into computer system administraton and worked for University of Calif., Berkeley for 19 years. I have degree in Biology and did some graduate research.
Hope to learn as much as possible about M14s and its variants.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I’m just east of where you’re from. I have 7 more years before I can bail back to the northwest, where I’m from. Anyway, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your escape from this beautiful commie state!

BTW, I have a newer socom and a scout I bought used. I would look for an earlier scout and steer away from a new M1A. The finish is day and night better on the older 200k serial number range rifle vs the 400k one. I can’t comment on 300k ones and the early ones have a well established reputation. It’s worth waiting for the right one.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,190 Posts
Welcome in from the desert! Many of us like muscle/classic cars and motorcycles, post up some pics, someone started a thread for showing our classic cars. Good luck and congrats on getting your M1A.
m14brian

·
Administrator
17,272 Posts
Welcome on board Silveragemarvel, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome on board and have yourself a great week ahead neighbor.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth Texas.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia.
This is a great place to read, learn, and share about our M14 and M1 Garand rifles.
Shoot and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Mississippi........... enjoy posting and reading

1 - 20 of 21 Posts