M14 Forum banner

x_y_of_z_posts

·
Registered
x_posts
I would venture to say that the average person on this forum puts 10x as many rounds down range ( or more) then the average police officer. As we have seen more than once, Most police forces are more concerned with lawsuits and their tactics are poisoned by this. It is almost a 100% guarantee that the full blown liberal gender confused teacher won't carry. Once the shooting starts every teacher whether armed or not is de facto on point in this operation called survival.
Also as far as marksmanship. A doorway is a small target zone from 20 feet. Every shooter comes through that door to get to the children. Choke point.
If paying to have trained law enforcement to be present full time then lets do it right. A couple new janitors would blend right in. No one needs to know about the AR or PCC hidden in the trash receptacle on their cart. As far as costs. The 40 billion we're giving Ukraine would pay for 4 officers in every school in America. Lets invest at home first.
School Protection Officer(SPO). No shortage of VERY capable individuals out there, many who, like me would be willing to do it for free. This is NOT hard science. We have the resources. and I agree, Sir, they don't necessarily have to come from the Law Enforcement community. No offense to our folks in blue. Many are VERY capable and well trained, but we have hundreds of thousands of retired/ former military with real world experience who, again would be willing to jump right on it.

·
Registered
x_posts

·
Registered
x_posts
Change a "Gun free zone" to (potentially) armed citizens and bad guys will hesitate to walk in and start blasting away.
Seems pretty basic to me.
Right you are, Sir! NOTICE: ARMED RESPONDERS ON PREMISES. Posted outside the ONLY entry points (where a clearly armed individual(s) are posted. Not: I didn't say Entry/ Exit point(s).

·
Premium Member
x_posts
Again.
You gonna do the same on the parking lot, football field, bus stops, shopping malls, movie theaters, and on and on?
Turning 130,000 schools into prisons with extreme measures is absurd.
To prevent about 8 deaths a year in this country.
Dealing directly with the criminals is the Best way to have the most impact.

Overall, however, the database shows that school shootings are still quite rare. Since 1970, there have been 681 total recorded deaths from school shootings, of which 441 victims were under the age of 20. That means more children have died in car crashes in one year than been victims of school shootings in the past 52 years.

·
Registered
x_posts
Any school staff member, to include bus drivers, should be allowed to carry after completing 24 hours of defensive handgun training and then qualifying on a standard LE course of fire. That's like three 8 hours days at Gunsite and is more than most armed guards go thru. Probably more than many LE academies. Just follow Israel's example.

The goal is to create an environment where the bad guys have no idea who is armed. That is the deterrent. I've noticed that these miscreants aren't shooting up courthouses, banks or airports.

·
Registered
x_posts
Speaking of locks... there should be a Master key provided to every Law enforcement agency in EVERY district, as it will likely be the breaching mechanism in the event we're faced with another such event. NO hesitation, Stack up, breach, clear the room. Period. Best policy: Violence of Action. Brits had a school hostage situation back in the early 90's. Margaret Thatcher sent in the SAS-no negotiations. a number of students(3-6 if memory serves)were killed. ALL the terrorists were killed. Hesitation costs big time.
And that "Master Key" would be lost and copied and all over the Neiborhood in a week.

·
Registered
x_posts
I hate these conversations. It saddens me to the point of tears that we are having to prepare for what just a few years ago was totally unimaginable. I was raised in a time when you didn't have to take the keys out of the car. What has happened to our common sense? How did this woke/liberal ideology sneak into our mainstream thinking? I am totally for our schools doing whatever needs to be done to keep our kids safe. I hate the fact that we need to harden our schools almost as much as our jails. WE THE PLEOPLE need to get involved in our local politics and throw the scumbags out before we have to take to the streets with our pitchforks and torches. Or---is it too late for polite discourse?

·
Premium Member
x_posts
It strikes me as ironic that the democrat COVID lockdowns resulted in a parental revelation of what was going on in the school system.

Folks are waking up because what was hidden from them has been exposed.
The sense of social shock is palpable.

Brandon is exposing the true nature of the leftist agenda in much the same way.
Buffoonery on a World Stage.
Epic Failure.

·
Registered
x_posts
It strikes me as ironic that the democrat COVID lockdowns resulted in a parental revelation of what was going on in the school system.

Folks are waking up because what was hidden from them has been exposed.
The sense of social shock is palpable.

Brandon is exposing the true nature of the leftist agenda in much the same way.
Buffoonery on a World Stage.
Epic Failure.
Amen!

x_y_of_z_posts