M14 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Well Random Guy I'd rather have a untrained teacher with a .380 pocket pistol for defense of my grandkids than someone throwing books at a bad guy.

The problem with this new law is it's up to the local Board of Education instead of the individual staff members. The rural schools will be armed but the lib-tards in the city's won't allow it.
Just my 2¢
Unfortunately the liberals tend to dominate even rural school boards. Most school administrators are liberals. They often run and hoodwink even the most conservative people on school boards. Been there.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Unfortunately the liberals tend to dominate even rural school boards. Most school administrators are liberals. They often run and hoodwink even the most conservative people on school boards. Been there.
How did my comment wherein I said “liberal” twice automatically change my words to “liberal”? Something wrong with this site these days.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
When you legislate to 'fix a problem' - you look at how bad it can get if it is not applied correctly. NOT how good it can work. This 2-3 references is same as 'may issue' in many liberal states. Your permit to have these things are dictated by some bureacrat or 2-3 persons. Say these do-gooder-citizens happen to be all liberals and they deem all conservatives a 'threat to society' and say NO all the time by your affiliations...but conveniently say YES to thugs?? The assumption that you will get conservatives to vet your a$$ all the time is foolish. Why would you allow some numb-nuts to decide what you can or not have?

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL F*CKUPS! Give up our rights in exchange for a perceived safety? I don't think so - If you relinquish those rights so easily to feel safe, then you do NOT deserve those rights. Criminals and their activities will dictate how we live now? YOu are basically asking me to give up my weapon at 18 yrs... coz you old a$$ want to feel safe walking the streets?? WEll..I say unto thee - protect thy tail yourself and I will protect mine. How about you stay on your side of the fence so you don't get a chest wound?

And on second point - a panel of 2-3 persons can dictate your entire future when you are 18-25? Really?? Liberals and leftists have this mindset they know best for you all the time - since you cannot be trusted to think for yourself...is their idea. HOw many times have we seen in history ones who give up their weapons not end up in boxcars to the gas chambers?

Conservatives are all about individual responsibility. WE are endowed by our creator with a brain in between those ears to think for ourselves. WE keep God close and our weapons...and lots of ammo. And they be plenty - psalm: 23...The Lord is my shepherd..I shall NOT want...

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Fully Loaded carry gun, and situational awareness looking for signs of trouble/bad people.

No, I am not running around with a long gun on a sling and open carrying with a belt full of magazines.
I just walk slowly and have a usual load-carrier 6-mags and one in the rifle. Belt is too cumbersome - messes my breathing. 😁

Reactions: nf1e

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
If you are next to it...or you have immediate access to it = that is 24/7.

I have a friend in SC, you have to crawl to get to the house. TAlk about paranoid... 😁

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I have a friend in SC, you have to crawl to get to the house. TAlk about paranoid... 😁
I'm a realist, not paranoid. I seem to attract the nut job beggars at service stations and stores. By being on my game and right body language I was able to avoid the ambush 3 guys in a car were planning at a gas station. There are others.....

I had a acquaintance like your friend that we would only walk a certain path to get to their house and around their properties. This guy trained dogs for embassies and foreign governments. He showed me the "palpating" trigger on Glock pistols.

When you decide to carry a firearm for self protection and the protection of your family, you are either going to carry it all the time or just don't bother.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Well..if it is a Glock, I will not chamber that and put it next to my crotch. 😁

My Sig 229 is fine -

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Here’s Your Highly Trained Government Six Man SWAT Team With Ballistic Shields…….

No Wait, it’s a 70+ Year Old Man With a Folding Chair.

"He hit him with a folding chair, wrestling him to the ground, took the gun from him and hit him in the head with his own gun," Carpenter said, according to Fox News.
The churchgoer held the shooter down until law enforcement arrived at the crime scene.
Capt. Shane Ware of the Vestavia Hills Police Department said the brave churchgoer was "extremely critical in saving lives."

Nose Cheek Jaw Ear Wrinkle

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Not the same as being “On”.
'ON'...like are you talking about Condition 1- ready = Locked-Cocked- and ready to Rock? if you are by yourself in the house - I don't see why not.

But if you got people around in the house and kids not sure if that is a good idea.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Give up our rights in exchange for a perceived safety? I don't think so - If you relinquish those rights so easily to feel safe, then you do NOT deserve those rights. Criminals and their activities will dictate how we live now?
Give up control and expect to be controlled.
"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight; My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me." -- Psalm 144 verses 1 and 2

·
Registered
35 Posts
It’s about time. How did I miss the year when teachers 2nd amendment was thrown out? What the hell? Don’t they teach the damn constitution? Shall not means shall not! Reeee If I was a damn teacher I would smuggle in a pistol or two every day and keep a samurai sword proudly displayed on the wall for historic purpose. No one would have messed with my teachers they were looking for an excuse to smash your head. Coming in with I’ll intent would be a dumb idea but no one has any manhood anymore.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Here’s Your Highly Trained Government Six Man SWAT Team With Ballistic Shields…….

No Wait, it’s a 70+ Year Old Man With a Folding Chair.

"He hit him with a folding chair, wrestling him to the ground, took the gun from him and hit him in the head with his own gun," Carpenter said, according to Fox News.
The churchgoer held the shooter down until law enforcement arrived at the crime scene.
Capt. Shane Ware of the Vestavia Hills Police Department said the brave churchgoer was "extremely critical in saving lives."

View attachment 482721

Bravo Zulu! We need more brave people like the church goer who stopped a catastrophic incident.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts