M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,112 Posts
I am afraid that while a trained SWAT team is strategizing, a qualified teacher, already on the scene, should be able to neutralize some meathead with a gun. One resident immediately beats the hell out of 6 an hour late to the show.
No amount of LEO training can trump an individual with an adrenaline rush defending his or her students. People need to be able to take care of business. Police are not there to " protect" anyone if they are outside hiding behind an armored vehicle. Truth is, it is an individual's responsibility to protect them and theirs in most situations.

·
Premium Member
21,112 Posts
Thank you Sir.
Yup. Think about any of the shootings. If even one person could have returned fire to disrupt the assailant how many lives would have been saved. Fighting a rifle with a handgun is not good but it beats nothing. Here in Utah teachers have always been able to carry with the Utah concealed permit. We are now a Constitutional Carry state but they still need the permit to carry in schools. At one time we talked about a program to arm, train, and supply teachers. I hope they get to it again.

Nice post nf1e.
We could also equip teachers, that wish, with good quality immobilizing pepper spray. For decades now I have had security customers ask what is the best firearm for them to purchase for home defense. For 90% of them my suggestion has been to forget firearms altogether and get some good spray. That way if you are afraid to use it and the bad guy takes if from you , at least you won't be shot with you own gun.
No degree of training can prepare everyone for every situation that might arise.
Good example recently was the fandango in Texas. Was it active shooter , hostage situation or some other? Going by a book of training almost never works out to the advantage of folks except for legal liability after the fact.
Even our military has been training for the last war for 100 years or more. Hence , we are never prepared for every situation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts