M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm afraid that it takes more than an armed teacher to stop a suicidal/homicidal mass shooter armed with an AR-15 type weapon and anywhere from 30 to 210 rounds of ammo in a school building. In reality, it takes a heavily armed 6-man SWAT team with ballistic shields, proper tactical weapons that are not typically concealable, and a ton of specialized training to really neutralize a suicidal/homicidal mass shooter like what see here in the USA. I think we have 97k public schools, so multiple that by 6 and and that's 600k full-time SWAT police for just public schools, along with need to train as a team every month or two to keep the their skills up - preferably at the specific school that is funding their protection.

Hence, even if we raised local taxes to pay for such a force, I don't think we can effectively harden our schools with such a massive police/SWAT force. Not sure how kids and parents would feel seeing 6 people decked out in full tactical gear at the entry points. It's more effective (and cheaper) to do a couple of character/reference checks for young males buying their first firearm that trying to train teachers and create a police state for public schools...Once they have the firearms, ammo, and homicidal/suicidal intent, its basically too late. My 2cts.
View attachment 482628
You just made a fantastic point sir

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I am afraid that while a trained SWAT team is strategizing, a qualified teacher, already on the scene, should be able to neutralize some meathead with a gun. One resident immediately beats the hell out of 6 an hour late to the show.
No amount of LEO training can trump an individual with an adrenaline rush defending his or her students. People need to be able to take care of business. Police are not there to " protect" anyone if they are outside hiding behind an armored vehicle. Truth is, it is an individual's responsibility to protect them and theirs in most situations.
True. Nice idea man
Every individual needs to be ready to protect themselves at some point.
Like my old man used to say "sometimes if you want something done, you have to do it yourself".

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Is that the entirety of Ohio? Or...just Columbus or Cleveland? The teachers there should be armed...not against wannabe mass-shooters.. but probably against their students. Chicago should adopt the same - southside especially. Gunfire in these areas are normal everyday occurences. All you gotta do is look up the yearly tally -
I think it’s the entire Ohio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I was just in Israel this past March and I loved seeing all the guns everywhere. The beach by Tel Aviv had a ton of guns both official security and families. I should have gotten a picture of a family coming up off the beach, the dad was in military fatigues but obviously was enjoying the beach and he was casually walking back up to the sidewalk with his family and M16. Nice. Israel knows how to do it right.
They obviously know how to do it right !
Israel wouldn't be a bad place to visit would it ? Lol
I definitely would be looking forward to go there !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts