M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all,
Glad to be her and hope to have find with everyone.

My wife has agreed to let me get a socom or other variant if I lose 19 pounds and maintained it.

That will give me time to find out which M14 or m1a1 to get. Let's chat and look forward to y'all's advice.

Rugbyreb USA2

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Welcome aboard from E. Kentucky.

·
Administrator
17,177 Posts
Great decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often Rugbyreb.

DI5

·
Premium Member
4,684 Posts
Welcome to the forum from central MS....
I have long family ties to MSU but when it comes to the M14/M1A we are all on the same team here....

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the forum from central MS....
I have long family ties to MSU but when it comes to the M14/M1A we are all on the same team here....
Same team is correct. I love the bible, 2nd amendment and the Rebels. Two out of three ain't bad.

Rr

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a former Mississippi resident. Attended MSU but graduated from USM a little behind Jimmy Buffet. You will not find a more knowledgeable group of people about the M14/M1A platform.

BTW, is it still the Ole Miss Rebels?? I have heard the name was changed to appease a certain group of individuals who were offended by the history and tradition of the name.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you. But, 19 lbs is about 2 M14 types if I figure right.GI2

·
Premium Member
4,684 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a former Mississippi resident. Attended MSU but graduated from USM a little behind Jimmy Buffet. You will not find a more knowledgeable group of people about the M14/M1A platform.

BTW, is it still the Ole Miss Rebels?? I have heard the name was changed to appease a certain group of individuals who were offended by the history and tradition of the name.
WOW Clark - you, me and a very few others remember that Jimmy Buffet went to MS Southern....
You being an ol' MSU and USM student you know athletic teams change their mascots and names through time.... Mississippi Southern was know as the "Mississippi Southerners" from the early 1900's until they became the University of Southern MS and changed to the Golden Eagles in 1972.
When MS State started it was MS A&M and the teams were called the Aggies from the 1800's until the school became Mississippi State College in 1932 and the teams then became the Maroons...... in 1961 MS State College became Mississippi State University and the athletic teams became the Bulldogs. So there you go.

Rugbyreb can add to or change this but Ole Miss started football in about 1890 and from that point until 1936 they were known as the "Mississippi Flood". In 1936 they became the Rebels to which they remain today. One story about why the name Rebels, was that a lot of the students lost their lives in the Civil War and thus the name.... for a long time the on field Mascot was Col Reb dressed in big hat and suit and the fans waved the St Andrews cross stars and bars battle flag. Long story made short... the flags are not waved now, Col Reb is gone and the on field mascot is a black bear. But Ole Miss is still the Rebels. Ole Miss and MSU will be playing Bowl Games - so check them out. USM....well they have not done too well lately

1 - 20 of 30 Posts