M14 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome to the forum from central New York Jay. you're right about all of the knowledge and experience here. Enjoy the new rifle.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Welcome from NW Wisconsin...When you see your son you'll have to learn to
speak his language. He's in Marine Boot Camp and not Basic training. The floor
is the deck, a hat is a cover, the wall is a bulkhead. You'll get the drift. :)

Siefly

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Welcome from NW Wisconsin...When you see your son you'll have to learn to
speak his language. He's in Marine Boot Camp and not Basic training. The floor
is the deck, a hat is a cover, the wall is a bulkhead. You'll get the drift. :)

Siefly
Thanks for the welcome and correction Siefly. I thought the terms were interchangeable, but I guess not.

Wanted to say thanks again to all for the warm welcome! Super informative and friendly forum - glad to me a member.

From my experience as a junior shooting coach and pistol competitor the shooting community is amazing - friendly, respectful, helpful. You can always count on another competitor to help you out if you have an issue with your equipment or need help with something - even if resolving it means you may be able to beat them. Our junior program has had hundreds of children and young adults come through, and never had any disciplinary or respect issues. Good luck finding another sport where that is the case.

·
Retired
4,614 Posts
My son lives near Madison, and I've had the pleasure to meet Jay (jkv45) twice.GI1
Perhaps next time I get down there, he can give me a brief tour of his business !!! It looks very interesting.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Welcome!

(Wisconsin native, now in AZ)

Jeff

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome from Iowa! Yes their is a ton of great information and members here. The one place I've personally shot at near Madison is the McMiller shooting complex. Very nice facility.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts