M14 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Welcome from Southeast Texas.

In case you haven't realized it yet, Texas is a BIG state.

Where abouts are you located in Texas?
My ZIP is Conroe, but we live in The Woodlands. And yes, Texas is a big state! I transferred from Philadelphia to Houston for work last year. My commute was 67 miles one-way...through three states. Imagine doing that here lol.

Reactions: Glashaus

·
Registered
888 Posts
You escaped the CPRM?! Dude, you're my new hero! If only my wife would move, I would leave here so fast that they would have to repave the roads! It would look like a class 5 tornado behind me!
Welcome!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited by Moderator)
You escaped the CPRM?! Dude, you're my new hero! If only my wife would move, I would leave here so fast that they would have to repave the roads! It would look like a class 5 tornado behind me!
Welcome!
It’s a major difference. Especially having that LTC and knowing that if the CENSOREDGIHTF, just in everyday life and not necessarily during this pandemic, that I am able to defend myself and my family. Hard to put a price tag on that!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
My ZIP is Conroe, but we live in The Woodlands. And yes, Texas is a big state! I transferred from Philadelphia to Houston for work last year. My commute was 67 miles one-way...through three states. Imagine doing that here lol.
Ah you are on the North side of town. Yes Texas is a big State and Houston is a big city. There is a lot to love about Texas, lots of really great small towns, there are a lot of really great places to eat, the people are great, no snow to shovel, palm trees, no ice to scrape, no heavy coats to wear. In about two - four weeks summer will be here in all its glory, 90 degree weather is mighty fine, above 105 gets a little toasty, gets a tad humid at times, oh and no snow to shovel, did I say that already? No State income tax and for those that know what it is, no personal property taxes.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Believe it or not, the summers in MD get just about as hot and humid. In fact, with zero breeze, it can feel worse. Just lasts longer here!

One big regret is that I belonged to a great club/range in Stewartstown, PA. (about a 40 minute drive). 300 yard rifle range, 25 yard pistol, sporting clays, trap and 3-D archery course. All for $100.00/year. I need to find a nice place to shoot.

And bowhunt. I had two places that were less than 10 minutes from my driveway. Park, walk up and climb into my stand. Hard to find that so far around here. But I’m looking!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, yes Texas is big. It's farther from Texarkana to El Paso than it is from El Paso to California. GI1

·
Registered
78 Posts
new member from txs.

welcome from louisiuana if you ndon't like the cold you moved to the right place we have two seasons summer 9mpnths fall six weeks mosquitoes that have landing lights

21 - 34 of 34 Posts