M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined after reading several posts as a guest. I received a Springfield SOCOM from the wife of a buddy who passed away several years ago. I always wanted a standard M1A for years but this will do for now. My only desire is to restock it in a nice walnut stock. I qualified Expert in the US Army in 1978 with the M16A1, so “black rifles” are not a new thing to me, but regardless of practicality, I think pretty much any rifle (not counting AR’s or more modern arms look better stocked in wood.

Maybe one day, after I finally get my handloading bench back up and running, I can start reloading for it. I have a ton of experience with the .30-‘06 Springfield cartridge, but never reloaded the 7.62, or any cartridge for use in a semi-auto action. It will give me something to do while “social distancing”.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from South of Houston, I relocated from Virginia and couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks fellas. Looking forward to getting in some range time soon. I could use the stress relief!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
brianns, while I do NOT miss not being able to get a CCW permit, I do miss the steamed crabs, crabcakes and the easy ability to find a good cheesesteak lol. Moved here last June and had my LTC in October. When you pass a dealership called Trucks, Guns and Ammo, you know you have left Maryland far behind!

·
Administrator
17,195 Posts
Welcome on board bdhuntr, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome on board and have yourself a great week ahead neighbor. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Welcome from Southeast Texas.

In case you haven't realized it yet, Texas is a BIG state.

Where abouts are you located in Texas?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
My ZIP is Conroe, but we live in The Woodlands. And yes, it certainly is a big state. I relocated for work, transferring from Philadelphia. I commuted through three states daily. Imagine doing that here!

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Welcome from the So CA desert

1 - 20 of 34 Posts