M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,622 Posts
Welcome aboard mikboom2, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome aboard and have yourself a great week. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you.

DI5

Reactions: mikboom2

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you! Im just having a hard time finding any info about it.
it has a fiberglass camo stock, not sure if its bedded or not. if it was will it still disassemble like a normal M1a?

thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Welcome from Texas ,mikboom2, Yes it will still disassemble the same way if it's bedded .Check out tonybens how to videos on the M14 sub forum here, they will get you up to speed on what you need to know. Your rifle is a mid 1994 model considered a preban or "golden age" M1A rifle. You done good.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Welcome from MN.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Welcome from another Michigander.

Nice rifle, looks like it's a NM maybe in a MacMillan stock, need some better and more pictures to be sure. Does the rifles serial # match the one on the box, I can't make it out on the box. Also, from the pic of the heel, I can't make out if it's glass bedded or not, it should be if it's a NM. If you can post more pics that will help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
will post new pics after work, but yes the serial number matches the box, I called springfield Arms and was told the rifle left springfield arms in 7-9-91 as a national match, sorry about the bad info at first i mixed up the last number on the receiver

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
Welcome from Roswell, Georgia

Box looks like National Match but thought those came in a bedded wood stock. Could have been changed out and modified a lot since 1991?

Best thing to is is what you have described - get it home and separate the [trigger group from the stock/barreled receiver] so you can get a good look and then post more pics and you will get your answers from all the knowledge on the forum.

All the best - M1Army

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Sorry mikboom my "old eyes" misread your serial # as 83k which is a mid 94' , not 63k which would be spring of 91'.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Welcome from Southern IL.
The stock is a McMillan and it should be bedded. The bedding will have a bit of overflow around where the receiver meets the stock. Look and see if you see a silver/grey overflow around the edges. It kind of looks like someone traced around the receiver with a fine silver/grey marker.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts