M14 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just discovering gun forums and the M14. Ive been wanting to get a (set) of guns representing the development of military arms from WWI till the present for a long time.

I am going to try and find guns that have some documentation about their history. Hopefully get to know things about the guy that carried a gun around and carry on the stories of where its been.

If your anywhere near Cedar Rapids, give me a shout, I have room to shoot at my place.

John

·
Administrator
17,199 Posts
Now you have made a good decision in registering here today and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often john4rest.

DI5

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Welcome from SE GA.

I think it will be extremely difficult to find documentation about who carried a particular firearm during their service.

And to find an authentic M14 you will have to have deep pockets as there are very few transferable M14s available.

Remember to buy the firearm and not the story.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Welcome from the So CA desert

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Welcome from your neighbor to the north.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Welcome aboard, thanks for the invite, might be a little too far for me, but thanks all the same, nice gesture to the folks here. It sounds like you will be happy here!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome from SE GA.

I think it will be extremely difficult to find documentation about who carried a particular firearm during their service.

And to find an authentic M14 you will have to have deep pockets as there are very few transferable M14s available.

Remember to buy the firearm and not the story.
Guys couldnt get their m14s like Garands and 30 Carbines?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Welcome from MN!

I am originally from IA. West side.

Lots of folk like to rip on Iowa. Frankly, I think it is a pretty good state. Driving through it recently on a beautiful spring day, once again, made me appreciate the beauty of those rolling hills. Many say Iowa is flat -not even close to being the among the most flat states in the country. Sure, north central IA is flat, but the other 75% of the state is not. I would way MN is by far more flat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts