M14 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

New member from Connecticut. I'm a US Navy Submarine Veteran and just decided that I wanted my very own M1 A. During my 26 Year Navy career, The M1A and the 1911 45 cal pistol were the weapons that I used during my time in the Navy. I have my own 1911 and a XDM 45 Sub Compact and now its time to have my own M1A.

I have decided that I will be purchasing a SOCOM 16 in OD Green. It is CT Compliant (THANK GOD) and I can get it from the local Gun Store (Hoffmans)

I have been reading numerous post and now that I am very close to purchase, its time to start asking some questions and getting educated for proper ownership and the fine details.

Thank you for allowing me to become a forum member.

Bill Curlee

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,130 Posts
Welcome aboard Bill, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome aboard and have yourself a great week. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you.

DI5

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Welcome from MN and thank you for your service.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.