M14 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I recently inherited an M1A (Springfield Inc receiver, all USGI parts) that was built by my father. He cut his teeth on one in the Navy and had an affinity for them ever seen and I feel that I'm catching the bug as well. Have a bunch of other USGI parts as well that he left with me. He built this rifle when I was younger and I remember shooting it as a teenager.

I'm fairly new to the M1A/M14 but plan on being around to learn more about the system. I can definitely appreciate its lineage and would like to acquire more knowledge about using the weapon.

For now, here is a picture just to get things going -

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Welcome from Texas ,and thanks to your Father for his service , & for raising you right and teaching you well, By that I mean We see a lot of rifles that were loved by their owner , left to the next generation that wind up in a pawnshop somewhere. BTW nice rifle, treasure it.

Reactions: XXXMarine

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Welcome from MN.

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,605 Posts
Great decision in registering here neighbor and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often Red Leader.

DI5

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I was hanging around this forum for a while before I decided to register. It just seems like everyone is really respectful and classy. I like that.

I'm learning more about the M1A/M14 almost daily. Not only did my dad leave me with the M1A, but I got a full parts kit minus the receiver and barrel, some ammo, mags and even a nearly complete field service kit and other odds and ends.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Welcome from the south side of Colo Spgs.
Sarge

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.