M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here, looking for advice on buying an M14. How is the Bula platform? Mostly a handgun guy but shot the M14 during my Navy days. Feeling nostalgig and would like to get a civilian model. Any insight/advice would be appreciated

·
Administrator
18,163 Posts
Welcome aboard Snipes36, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome aboard and have yourself a great week. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you.

XXIV Corps

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Bula's are very good;; BUT yea there is always a but ;;; Bula is not selling right now. you might want to keep an eye on the PX or put a Want To Buy ad . be careful on the WTB; as SPAMMERS come out of the wood work.

·
Premium Member
18,133 Posts
Welcome aboard

I have been happy with all of mine.

·
Premium Member
18,133 Posts
Thanks cuz you build all of yours and know where to file and grind!
Welcome to the sickness! Have a builder put your rifle together
Exactly Josh. They are not for the weak of heart. As they say, if you watched sausage being made, you would never eat it again.This is why I have said for many years that the M14 ain't no AR. The only maker of repro receivers I have ever had go together straight away were a couple of cast Fultons. Every other mfg took some degree of fitment and some more than others. Sure is a wonderful feeling after hammering one together and seeing it function on the range. Makes no difference what parts you use, if the knowledge of how they are supposed to interact is absent there may be problems. Most are simple to manage, others not so much.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Welcome! I can only directly compare 1 Bula to 1 Fulton Armory rifles, as that is all I own. Both are excellent shooters and both function as intended, and I would buy either again without concern. Honestly, I don't think you are really going to go wrong with any of the current production suppliers for a casual fun shooter. Springfield Armory Inc., LRB, Bula, Fulton. All pretty good.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Exactly Josh. They are not for the weak of heart. As they say, if you watched sausage being made, you would never eat it again.This is why I have said for many years that the M14 ain't no AR. The only maker of repro receivers I have ever had go together straight away were a couple of cast Fultons. Every other mfg took some degree of fitment and some more than others. Sure is a wonderful feeling after hammering one together and seeing it function on the range. Makes no difference what parts you use, if the knowledge of how they are supposed to interact is absent there may be problems. Most are simple to manage, others not so much.
Some need to get that memo again

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Welcome from Texas

1 - 13 of 13 Posts