M14 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening!!

Quick question - The McMillan Adj. M3A I ordered, ended up being everything I wanted - I did not order it from McMillan - I got it from Stockystocks (Really helpful people btw), and I had planned on getting the whole rifle/scope Cerakoted - is there any other options out there? Anybody who already paints hand guards to match the McMillan color schemes? Long shot - but thought I would ask.

Thanks Much!!

Jtom

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stockystocks had the Black/Olive Marble on hand - I paid extra for shipping so I guess it came in about 2 days. I love the stock, my first McMillan, and I love the color too, but how to get the two matched (handguard/stock)...

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Sponge camo paint on the handguard should work. Also Mcmillan will paint handguards to match stocks, for a reasonable price, but it may not be quick.

Reactions: jtom

·
Registered
252 Posts
Nice stock jtom. That's a tough call. I would't personnaly attempt to duplicate that camo patern molded in the stock. I just don't trust that I could make it match. Color match is one thing, but the pattern and sheen of the paint is out of my league. I think it looks great as you have it. Best advice I could offer would be to contact McMillan and get a price quote and turn around time. My rifle with a USMC woodland pattern stock wears a solid brown handgurd, and my scout rifle has the desert (3 color) pattern stock. The desert pattern does not look right with a brown handgurd, so I used a satin sage green to match one of the colors in the stock. Looks much better. I even went so far as to paint the underside with a high temp. silver paint similar to the original. Just a suggestion, try one of the black crinkle finish Springfield Armory hadguards. That may look right with that stock.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
If you're looking to do the whole thing you might want to take a look at a place like Hydrodip http://www.hydro-dip.com/

Cerokote or Hydrodip type coatings are essentially permanent. The Krylon option is wash, rinse, and repeat.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Geeck, what pattern is that on the Sage?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
If you're looking to do the whole thing you might want to take a look at a place like Hydrodip http://www.hydro-dip.com/

Cerokote or Hydrodip type coatings are essentially permanent. The Krylon option is wash, rinse, and repeat.
Have you done many krylon jobs ? I seem to remember a thread.
It holds up pretty good.

I have seen cerakote on friends rifles and it is NOT permanent. Hydrodipped is even worse.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts