M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
They still catalog the M1A stock, that is all that I know. I just bought two from U.S. Collector's Ordnance. I know for sure that at least one of them was older production. It has a Springfield Inc. sticker on it with a date. I assume that the second one is older production as well, but I don't know. It is Woodland Camo, which is not exactly what I was thinking that they were going to sell me, but it is ok, especially since I got the last camo scheme one they had. In fact, I only got it because a guy in Ohio (like me) returned it because he did not know that they were so heavy. Long story short, since it is Woodland, not Forest that Springfield Inc. had used, I can't guarantee that it is older stock. Right now they only have black left, and I think that it is the McMillan painted unit with pebblegrain finish like on my factory Springfield Inc. Super Match.

After having Woodland here, it is growing on me. I have what I think is a "Sand Camo" unit, which I kind of think is ugly.

Danny

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
You must have snagged the last camo ones they had for sale. Looks to be out of stock now; only black.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
It pays to ask: I purchased a black one and in the comments section noted that " if you have any camo in stocks I would prefer that over black". Turns out the owner had one with a superficial scratch he could give me at a discount. Guess I need another rifle to put in it, now...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts