M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was checking out the Marlins new 2011 catalog on their site and found out for 2011 they are making a 1894 44 mag in SS with the 16.5" bbl XS sights and rail all from the factory! I just may have to sell something!

If you go to marlins web site click on the order catalog link and then view online. pg 12 "i think"

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I've had the equivilent of that same set up, as Marlin used to build a 16.5" 44. Added the cantilever rail and a red dot for a super fast hard hitting pack rifle.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with you, I have a 1894C 44 mag with the XS sights its just not in SS with the rail.. It is my favorite lever gun. with a 300 hard cast Its serious close range hog medicine. thought about adding the rail and a red dot but the XS sights are great and very reliable.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Looks like I've got a new truck gun. Perfect match for my 4 5/8" Super Blackhawk.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dang it!!! Just when I thought I had all of the guns that I NEEDED, Marlin came up with this! Once they come out and I can see one in person, I don't know how I'll resist!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've had the equivilent of that same set up, as Marlin used to build a 16.5" 44. Added the cantilever rail and a red dot for a super fast hard hitting pack rifle.
My pack/camping rifle is my 45/70 Guide Gun GI1. The extra 1.5 inch of barrel hasn't been a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts