M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up 3 of these today for 60 bucks at a gun show. They seem to be well made...not wimpy steel.

They say on the tag: NATM1425
M14 308 25Rd Parkerized
Replacement Mag
MAGRH M1

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
406 Posts
Make sure they work

YMMV.

The 25 rounds mags have proven to be less reliable than the 20 round magazines. I had a few go arounds with S/A, and then CMI to shake the bugs out of the bad magazines I got ( from a vendor many here would know ).

Out of 6 magazinesI've sent 3 back, got replacements, and 2 more have to go back. None have more than 750 rounds through them.

Yours could work perfectly, about half mine did. I only have 2 left that repeatedly cause issues, but the 20 rounders just plain work. CMI has stood behind the magazines FWIW, but... Identifying bad magazines is work, not fun and it costs money, ammo & time that I'd really rather be practicing marksmanship with, not how to clear malfunctions. I prefer to do that on my own time, not some vendor's time.

My CMI mags would fail with DAG surplus, Serbian PPU, Federal 150 grain fmj, and they -would- have failed with reloads if I were inclined to reload.

HTH
Dave

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
What worries me is the tag: NATM1425. The NAT probably stands for National Magazines; a low-quality replacement outfit. None of the National mags I was foolish enough to buy worked from the start...most wouldn't even fit correctly! Now I'm not talking about the M-14/-1A mags, these were for some handguns I had.

I have used (borrowed) one CMI 25 mag so far and it worked quite well. No ftf, jams and locked back when empty. Approximately 150 rnds through it so far, might get 1 or 2 for SHTF situations.

So far, the only good, reliable mags are 20 round USGI, CMI and TherMold's polymer. I picked up 2 used TherMolds at a flea market and have put quite a few rounds through them and they worked every time. Looking for more.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
IF they work(and that's a big IF) use them for range mags. CMI 20 rounders(not 25's) are the only way to go if you're serious. Just about everyone here has tried to save some money on M14 mags and unfortunately it almost always ends up being a lesson of life. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
When you find bad mags don't return them. They'll just get resold to some other guy to deal with. Dispose of properly.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Is it that bad to buy Springfield mags at $40 each? I've gotten 2, plan on getting 4 more. I am not familiar with the aftermarket magazine market for the M1A but it seems like you can't go wrong with Springfield?

Thanks in advance for clarification

·
Registered
1,519 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Picked up 3 of these today for 60 bucks at a gun show. They seem to be well made...not wimpy steel.

They say on the tag: NATM1425
M14 308 25Rd Parkerized
Replacement Mag
MAGRH M1

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Well since you already bought them, try all of them. Report back to us on your findings. The bad thing about buying them at a gunshow is that vendors are not usually from your immediate area, so returning defective products is more of a hassle. dozier

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.