M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I recently bought a new M1A from Springfield! It's a basic model, wood stock, and I hope to build it into a precision platform over the years. My next step is a scope mount, so we'll see where that goes (but not before burning some serious lead first).

This is the first semi-automatic rifle I've personally owned, although I've been issued and carried M-4's in the military before. My experience with this type stops there, so I hope to learn a lot from this forum.

I look forward to all the advice I can get!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Hey Hoss, welcome to the forum. Take a look at the Bassett Scope mount. You can read about it on this forum. I have one and love it. Have fun and enjoy.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Welcome aboard, and hope you enjoy your rifle. I always enjoy shooting mine.

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, Hoss308, if this is your first, boy, are you in for a treat. GI2 I would recommend buying another one and build that so you will have something to shoot while building. Second thought buy two more so while shooting the first one you have something to compare too while building. GI2GI2 I am sure you will enjoy the forums and being here with us. Have fun.

-

·
Administrator
18,142 Posts
The lost art of Research is doing great...

Welcome on board Hoss308, pull up an old ammo crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on M14/M1A Rifles and Military Surplus Ammunition. Again welcome aboard and have yourself a great week Sir. Where do you live in the state? Some good reading on some
sticky's here... My New Mexico Range Report and The Military Surplus Ammunition I have tested.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Hoss308.
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you. This is a great site for info. Glad you have a Beloved M14/M1A, buy lots of ammo and mags.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts