M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am a fairly new M1A owner. Last Christmas, my wife gave me a collector M1A, all GI parts...complete with ART II scope and correct mount.... beautiful. Had to fire it..2 rounds, lightly oiled and back in safe.

Have gotten another since. serial 008009. Discovered it has a Winchester barrel Sept 63....which sounds great to me....BUT, the bolt... its marked:
66118-GG

Anyone got any info on that? Or where I can get it. And am I right in thinking the barrel is good...

Thanks much in advance.
P.S. have put receiver and barrel in an EBR Chassis stock by Sage international

·
Premium Member
20,440 Posts
Welcome. Nice pair. Your second with the Winchester barrel is also set up with has a Winchester bolt. What information exactly are you looking for?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Welcome and you should request a moderator move this to the M14 forum unless your rifle is one of the early ones made in Devine Texas which is what this forum is dedicated to.

Reactions: Valor513

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,027 Posts
Now you have made a good decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you can post often Valor513.

XXIV Corps

Reactions: Valor513

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome. Nice pair. Your second with the Winchester barrel is also set up with has a Winchester bolt. What information exactly are you looking for?
That helped a lot. Wanted to know about Bolt. I'm liking it better already!! Safety is marked H&R D; hammer HR-N; Housing HR-N
Obviously a parts gun. I'll have to look at other markings when I remove from EBR Chassis. Question now, was it built in the factory, or receiver sold stripped?
thanks for help!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.