M14 Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is some amazing information available from the membership. I joined the forum in 2018, but just introduced myself. Not a social media guy at all.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome from Florida, mauserdad.
Thank you for not molesting that beautiful rifle with tacticrap.
Mine is a bone stock Standard Model, the only accessories I added were a bayonet and a USGI web sling, OD in color.
My Army Basic Combat Training rifle was the M14. My issue weapon in a stateside field artillery unit was an M14.
I was issued an M16A1 for my all expense paid trip to the Pearl of the Orient - Vietnam.
Today I have zero desire to own an AR, but I "dabble" in real combat rifles. Mausers, Mosin Nagants, M1 Garand, M1 Carbines, and some other stuff like AK and SKS.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Thank you Sir and others for the kind welcomes. Funny you should mention , but I too put a surplus military od sling on my rifle and just won a bid for a M6 Milpar bayonet and a scabbard. I did change out the commercial butt plate assembly for a USGI one on my rifle. I am in the process of obtaining a USGI butt cleaning kit. I do own a couple of AR’s. I trained and carried the M16 when I was a Navy Seabee. So I am very familiar with that platform. Like you I have Mausers, Enfields, M1 Garands, etc.. Been collecting milsurps for over 50 years. I am learning a lot by joining this web site. Again thanks to all. Ed

41 - 46 of 46 Posts