M14 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought my first M1A, used. I took it out last Friday and it is awesome. My Dad bought one in the early Nineties and I have been desiring one ever since. I joined here to get information and learn about this fantastic weapon.

I never served in the military. I thought I'd point that out because of the huge military theme here. I do appreciate all that the military has done to secure and defend my freedom. I study and read a lot of U.S. history and realize it's not the government or even the Constitution that gives me my freedom, but the men & women who are willing to fight for it for me in my stead. I am a volunteer with Operation Homefront of Arizona to show my thanks and try to give back. I am also a small business owner and I give all military, past and present, discounted services to show my appreciation.

A.J.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Welcome

Welcome aboard! Dont worry about not serving, you're doing your part by helping out vets. Arizona, one of my favorite states!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I have always held that patriotism goes way beyond the bounds of active military service. Life is a participation sport and your path makes you a player. Welcome to the forum and thanks for caring.

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, A.J. M1A, lots of military people here but lots of non military too, so no problem. I know you will enjoy the forums and being here with us, have fun.

-

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Welcome to the forum AJ, you'll learn a lot here.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum and congrats on new rifle ! we know you will enjoy both !!

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U. S. ARMY VET

"All gave some but some gave ALL"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wanted to thank everybody for having and supporting a great forum. I been searching, reading, and learning. I haven't had to post any question because I was able to find everything I was searching for and then some. Sometimes I get lost on other topics I discover in a search. I just bought some 20 and 25 round C.M.I. magazines from 44mag.com. Thanks to you guys I knew what to look for and where to find them.

The first time out with my rifle it was failing to eject. Gave it a good cleaning especially the chamber, then it was failing to feed. I found the original M14 military video on You Tube linked from this site. Field stripped it, CLEANED it, greased it, and haven't had a problem since.

I also found info on bayonets. My Dad wanted one for his M1A. We went to a gun show and I found a spotless one for $40 with the scabbard. I told him I was going to "make it work" on my scout. I gave it to him for his birthday. I fooled him.

Thanks again and keep it up.

A.J.

·
Registered
412 Posts
A.J.

Welcome aboard. Becarefull what you say about going to the range, espcially this time of the year. Bragging about wearing shorts and a t-shirt and the weather being really nice, can get some of the colder climates a little jealousGI2.

I am planning on hitting Ben Avery this friday, not sure where you go.

jasonj

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A.J.

Welcome aboard. Becarefull what you say about going to the range, espcially this time of the year. Bragging about wearing shorts and a t-shirt and the weather being really nice, can get some of the colder climates a little jealousGI2.

I am planning on hitting Ben Avery this friday, not sure where you go.

jasonj
Shorts and a t-shirt? I've been freezing my ass off. I'm use to 110* so anything under 70* and I'm shivering. The sad part is I'm originally from New Hampshire.

I go to Rio Salado. It's about a twenty minute drive for me. I'm a self employed auto technician so I can make my own hours. My Dad and I go in the morning when most people are at work and always get a couple of benches next to each other. Ben Avery is nice but too far for me. It's at least 45 min to an hour away.

A.J.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts