M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Tyler. I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I've always loved the M1A/M14/M1 Garand style of rifle and just found an M1A for a very good price so I decided to pick it up. The thing is, is that it came in a black composite stock; which I don't mind, but i'd much rather have a "traditional" walnut stock. That being said, does anyone know where I cant find a walnut stock for a M1A Scout Squad? Would the other model stocks fit this version?

·
Administrator
17,947 Posts
Welcome on board Tyler, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome on board and have yourself a great week neighbor. Buy from the PX here a wooden stock will fit.

DI5

·
Registered
415 Posts
Pretty much all M1A/M14 stocks will fit your scout. There are ofter USGI stocks liked in the classified "PX" on the fourm

Txt me and I can send you pics of examples

816 810-7330

Wes

·
Super Moderator
3,697 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Roswell, Georgia

M1Army

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey Tyler, Welcome keep a sharp eye out in PX lotta good people selling and trading in there.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida. I had good luck with TreelineM14.com recently purchasing a walnut hand guard for my Scout from them.

Check around, the original walnut stock from SAI was made by BOYD's as was my hand guard.

HTH.

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
I always try to welcome fellow Texans , So Welcome from south of Houston !
M14 stocks are interchangeable , in the PX forum right here you can find state of the art EBR chassis's ,
composite commercial stocks, GI fiberglass stocks, regular walnut or beech stocks , some with no figure ,
some so-so , some tiger striped show pieces , even E-2 stocks come up once in a while here.
Stick around, something you'll like will come up sooner or later .

Psssst [Don't tell anybody , there's a few in there right now ..]

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
You are GTG with GI wood. Enjoy your scout and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
8,173 Posts
welcome from the So CA desert

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Welcome from Southeast Texas.

How about pin pointing your location?

Texas covers a lot of area.

Might need a range buddy.

·