M14 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone!

New member here saying hi! I picked up my SA scout squad with the black synthetic stock last week and finally got to shoot it today out off the 15 FWY hodges road with distances out to 239M (i have a range finder) and just wanted to confirm the rifle functions and see if I could hit silhouettes straight out the box which I was. I have yet to field strip / clean it and I'll get to that tomorrow but reading mixed reviews about how often or thorough I should clean it after each range trip. Still trying to wrap my head around the iron sights 100% and go back next week to zero/calibrate the irons before I put a scope on. I'm thinking a vortex viper pst 2-10 FFP seems like a good decent fit for this rifle but I'm still fairly new to scopes so open to suggestions. Any way, super happy with this rifle I've wanted it for awhile now and glad I'm finally stepping into full size cartridges because I've basically just stuck to my AR15 since that's what I'm most familiar with. With how expensive and scarce .308 Winchester is here in CA I've resorted to finally getting into reloading as well! Lots of learning to do glad I found this forum
20200611_125439.jpg

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Welcome from the So CA desert

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
howdy
welcome from Wyomin!
I'm thinkin the Vortex 2x10 would serve you well. FFP is nice because the BDC is right no matter what the magnification is set to. You might want to consider a compact fixed 4x or 6x.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Welcome from the People’s Republic of New York. Be careful. I started with a Scout and I’m about $2k into the M14. One Scout led to a loaded model with some serious optics. Looking at a greenfield build next. It’s addictive.

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Mississippi. Thanks for the pics... I have (well just just say I have some M1As) - but I have wanted to add a Scout

1 - 15 of 15 Posts