M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone Josh here, i'm new to the M1A platform from Fresno, CA. Looking for some local people that know thier way around these guns and possibly some group shoots at a range sometime. Also interested in a nice walnut stock if possible

·
Administrator
17,555 Posts
Good decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often CHEVYMADMAN.

DI5

·
Registered
213 Posts
Welcome, from the Northern DPRK.

Check out the PX here, usually lots of good deals on stocks of all kinds. I've found a few UGI fiberglass stocks here myself from great sellers. Best of luck!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Welcome from MN.

·
Super Moderator
3,439 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Roswell, Georgia

M1Army

·
Registered
202 Posts
Welcome from another Minnesotan. Who is currently at the MOA surfing the web while the wife shops....lol

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
There should be a club or clubs up in your neck of the woods that shoots high power rifle. There is also the Coalinga range which is somewhat close to you (a little over an hour away), and if memory serves me, the state HP & long range championships are held there.

I would think you would have some great opportunities where you are.

Welcome!

Bruce

·
Super Moderator
11,128 Posts
Welcome, from Beaverton, Oregon! I grew up in Fresno and escaped in 1991 when I joined the Marines. I visit family from time to time but it's changed a lot. The northern expansion seems to be a decent area. I grew up on the east side of the Fairgrounds. When I looked down my street, I could see the fence to the race track. We never had to pay for parking. We just walked to the front gate. Rough area of town though and I never stop in that area of town any more. I drive on through with the windows up.

I don't visit enough to know where to shoot full size M1A's any more. I just go to that nice indoor shooting range in NW Fresno off 99 & Shaw (IIRC) and shoot handguns.

Tony.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome from Dallas!

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Hi everyone Josh here, i'm new to the M1A platform from Fresno, CA. Looking for some local people that know thier way around these guns and possibly some group shoots at a range sometime. Also interested in a nice walnut stock if possible
Welcome aboard!

You're very close to Tom Luhmann who's a top knotch M14 guy (TLC Gunworks in Clovis). He does great work at a reasonable price with turn-around times that borders on immediate. He can tune that trigger for around $50 which is probably the best money you can spend. May have a stock or at least a lead on one. He's more of a phone guy than email last time I worked with him.

Coalinga is cheap ($25/yr as of 5 years ago), goes to 1000yds and you can camp out there. There's a range near Fresno that goes to 500yds if I remember right.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts