M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings fellow M14/M1A fans. I Finally brought home my dream battle rifle, the SA-MA9222. Would welcome any suggestions for good source/type of decent ammo, cleaning kit, and location for long range shooting not far from Detroit Area.

NAV1

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome aboard from a fellow Michigander. There are several places in Oakland County to shoot. I shoot at the Pontiac Lake Range in Waterford for $4. There are some private ranges in Oakland County like Multi Lakes conservation Club and Oakland County Sportsman's Club which cost more if you're not a member. Most ranges have a 100 yard range as their longest. You can look on the DNR website for other ranges.

I'm still looking for good ammo at a reasonable price. I picked up some British milsurp at Dunham's in West Bloomfield for about .60 per round. I may brave the cold weather today to try it out and I can let you know.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NorCal. There are a number of threads on cleaning issues and equipment. As for ammunition, I have found the 'Ammo Bunker' lower on the home page helpful. Grab a cup of coffee, kick back and have a good time.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Welcome to the forum, congrats on your new rifle, enjoy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Careful! Now that you have one you will be thinking about the next one fairly soon! (The second appears to be more $ than the 1st) ENJOY!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts