M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased myself an M1A NM SS barrel etc etc.. I want to mount a scope on her for long range shooting. (i.e past 800 yards.) I have looked into a few of the options at hand and seen the McCann pop up several times, the Sadlak and a few others. I would be curious on the input. Keep in mind that the money I can put towards my M1A is whatever I can save from my G.I bill eating ramen. I'm also looking at putting the Nikon buckmaster 4.5-14X40 Mildot on there. Any suggestions on that would be appreciated as well. I have heard of issues with the USGI specs not fitting and needing a custom fit.. I hope that isn't the case.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with the first two, hear of SEI but with no experience. Have you heard/ had experience with the McCann? I've heard nothing but good things. Some of the AMU guys have them. Obviously they can't be too terrible.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Cobra, Well. My cap is really only dependent on how long I choose to save. Although my willingness to spend is another story. I don't feel that spending 250+ on a scope mount is acceptable. I understand that you get what you pay for but having to pay 1/5 of my rifles cost for a scope mount? I guess I just look at things differently than some. As far as scopes go, the reason for my interest in a buckmaster is I have a friend here who allowed me the privilege of shooting his modded R700. Showed him what to do with his BDC at 400 yards. It's also something I can afford sooner rather than later for hunting season.

@BY Scoped blackpowder? I've seen some strange things uncovered in weapons caches but this is interesting. Pictures by chance?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sitting down and using the calculator, I have about.. 400 right now.. And as soon as I sell my kayak I should have another 450, of that I can spend about 2-300.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WHOOP! Yeah I was in D co for awhile then Mays told me the corp or them. I went with Mays. So far my decision sits with this.

Nikon Buckmaster MILDOT- 272.11
Burris XTR low profile rings- 52.37
McCann Industries Mount - 184.95 (15.00 shipping.)

Totaling 509.43, and I assume that's before taxes. Any thoughts and or objections?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fantastic! I hope that you get around to a photo op. RNGR1 I Scoped (haha) Amazon for awhile.. watched the price on a Buckmaster dip to the 270 mark from 299, snagged that about 10 minutes ago, along with the Burris lowpro rings. Now as soon as I sell this kayak off... I'll buy the McCann scope mount and the ensemble shall be complete. Cannot wait. DI5

EDIT: Forgot to add that as I don't want to drill into my stock I'll probably be going with this bad boy. http://www.tnvc.com/shop/tnvc-rsp-mod-0/ In Coyote more than likely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.