M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm officially back in the saddle with an M1A after 20 plus years with out one. I sold my super match back in 1999 or 2000, and have missed having one ever since.

I may go shoot it this weekend. I got the Smith muzzle adapter all installed with a surefire warcomp so I can run my socom can. I also got the Schuster adjustable gas plug, but haven't installed that yet. I swapped out the stripper clip guide for the adapter for my scope mount. Just waiting on my leupold scope and seekins rings to show up.

Going to try some 150 and 165 grain hand loads in it tomorrow. Might toss the suppressor on and try some 220 grain subsonic as well.

Definitely happy to own one again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Took it out and ran it a bit. Really smooth rifle, and my second 5 shot group was dead zero. Almost out of the box was only 4 inches low and 3 inches right.

That was after I changed out the flash hider for a Smith adapter, and a surefire warcomp muzzle device.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Took it out and ran it a bit. Really smooth rifle, and my second 5 shot group was dead zero. Almost out of the box was only 4 inches low and 3 inches right.

That was after I changed out the flash hider for a Smith adapter, and a surefire warcomp muzzle device.

Welcome Back!

My problem is I can't seem to sell anything.

Maybe before the election you can get a surplus started if you are dry. For a few months here ammo peaked, up around 30%. Now here we are back to before covid, and supply is good for both loaded and load your own.

Hope you have a comfortable place to send a few down range.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rifle right out of the box, first, second, and last group fired. Use some federal 150 grain soft point to get it on paper. Last group fired was 155 grain hornady TAP LE ammo. Now it's time to measure everything and start making some rounds for it
20200612_125733.jpg 20200613_131416.jpg 20200613_131419.jpg 20200613_131429.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome Back!

My problem is I can't seem to sell anything.

Maybe before the election you can get a surplus started if you are dry. For a few months here ammo peaked, up around 30%. Now here we are back to before covid, and supply is good for both loaded and load your own.

Hope you have a comfortable place to send a few down range.
What are you having a problem selling?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I do not try nor want to. Because I figure that I do not have to and I am the custodian until my final demise to which all my firearms and other Things have final destinations to the next generation.

Most cars and trucks collected over the years have homes, but my motorcycles have not. My WLA will go to either a museum or to a military organization that will display for reenacting events.

After a lifetime of collecting from my Father then my lifetime of the same but different time frames it is hard to just sell for what I worked hard to keep. As I pick up every item, drive, ride, shoot, it has meaning to me so it is hard to sell. Especially gifts from Family or Friends. When your wife of 40 ot years has bought your first M1A or AR15 for you in the early 80's you have cast the die so to speak.

So am fortunate to be able to have worked my whole life without having to sell or pawn most anything. My newest car is an 85 SS Monte Carlo, and a truck of the same year. I still buy and build, fix stuff with the intent on selling but have plans for all one day.

·
Registered
2007 Chevy Silverado
35 Posts
I have a loaded as well. Shot both on the EBR chassis as well as the walnut. If you ever seek an upgrade I'd go with a SAI chassis. Won't have to worry about glass bedding or warping due to the elements. May need some fitting but it's overall a drop in. If you have questions feel free to message me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts