M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well just picked up my new M1A loaded model and got it out to the range today, and I was very impressed with it. once I got it sighted in, it was shooting great! After I got settled in and got comfortable, I was tagging clay birds out at two hundered yards and for me thats good. the trigger is sweet also, but my question is it doubled once in awhile. I thought it may be due to the lightness of the trigger, and the way I was squezzing the trigger, is this common with a new loaded model?

·
Registered
8 Posts
trigger doubling

It happened to me in my loaded model back in 1998. I called SA and they adv me to return the trigger group. They fixed it and have not had any trouble since.

I dont think it is common problem.

Make arrangemnts to ship it back and they will fix and get it back to you.

They do stand by their products.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
"Doubling" or "bump firing" is not uncommon for shooters new to the '14 platform. The gun is cycling and moving on your shoulder at the same time. As it moves against you your trigger finger is "bumping" the trigger again. Concentrate on keeping it tight against you. Seems particularly easy for someone used to a bolt gun to experience the double fire syndrome. Practice, it'll go away.....but it can be REALLY exciting when you're not expecting it! GI8

·
Registered
362 Posts
Well just picked up my new M1A loaded model and got it out to the range today, and I was very impressed with it. once I got it sighted in, it was shooting great! After I got settled in and got comfortable, I was tagging clay birds out at two hundered yards and for me thats good. the trigger is sweet also, but my question is it doubled once in awhile. I thought it may be due to the lightness of the trigger, and the way I was squezzing the trigger, is this common with a new loaded model?
Nothing to worry about. As another poster said, you're basically bump firing it. It's easy to do w/ an M1A from a bench.

You'll get used to the trigger feel.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Make sure that you hold the trigger back for a second or two after the weapon has fired and you shouldn't get a bump fire. If you still double even with the trigger held back then you will most likely need someone to look at the hammer hooks and sears.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feed back. I kinda thought that may be what was happening, I'm use to a very light trigger on most of my long range rifles but didn't expect it from a battle rifle. Just wanted to make sure. This rifle is alot more capable then I thought it would be. Thanks Again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts