M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The box is open, the tags are off, I have cleaned and oiled it and I will shoot it tomorrow.
My question is this. There is a Coupon that cam with the rifle and it offers an array of products at a decent discount. What should I buy that I will use?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Welcome from MN. I didn't really think the coupon offered a whole lot of value. From reading a few threads from this forum, I got the idea that the SAI aluminum scope mount wasn't worth the trouble (not sure about the steel mount) and the SAI mags are nothing more than overpriced CMI mags with SAI's logo stamped into them.

Reactions: tonyben

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Yeah, it's a neat, "hey thanks from SA for buying our rifle". But Evil is right. I was going to say Get more mags, but, yeah.
Whats the stock made out of?

Dutch

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome from MN. I didn't really think the coupon offered a whole lot of value. From reading a few threads from this forum, I got the idea that the SAI aluminum scope mount wasn't worth the trouble (not sure about he steel mount) and the SAI mags are nothing more than overpriced CMI mags with SAI's logo stamped into them.

I'll second evilgrin's comments. My Loaded coupon is still in the file with the rest of the papers it came with.

IMO, most similar coupons that come with new guns (Remington and Ruger come to mind) for discounted stuff from their web store aren't that great of a deal either.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hi Tophlor,

I just received my order from the purple page today.

Here's what I ordered. The sling, nice leather, rear sight cover, muzzle cover,plastic coated cleaning rod(if you don't already have one), the cleaning kit which has some patches, a brush, take down cleaning rod(to put in the stock), the multi tool to take apart the gas cylinder and to use the chamber cleaning brush(that comes in the kit). The gas cylinder disassembly tool(looks like a tuning fork), a tool called the gadget(to take apart the bolt?), and of course a tee shirt. All this for a little over $100. Can get some of the tools from other manufacturers, but they cost more.

Here's the best part. If you bought an M1A between 1/1/2015 and 4/30/2015, which you have, go online to Springfield Armory and you will get 3 FREE 20 round magazines.
Ed (2012 C14)

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
A USGI extractor.

Reactions: pitbulz21

·
Registered
694 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on your Loaded!

I never used the SAI offer. Maybe I should have, as doing the Johnny Cash "one-piece-at-a-time" drill from various online vendors can add up the shipping charges. If you qualify for the 3 free mags, jump on that like white on rice! Otherwise, shoot it awhile and spend a bit of reading time on the forum here before you make other big purchases. FWIW.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I used the coupon to get a number of items including cleaning supplies and a leather sling. It brings Springfields prices more in line. This tread is turning into more Springfield bashing. Jmho

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
congrats on the gun!

I just got my free 3 mags they said wait 4-6weeks mine arrived yesterday took less than a week for them to arrive.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Play with it for awhile, peruse these pages, by more ammo and you will discover what YOU really need. Congrats and Welcome.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, it's a neat, "hey thanks from SA for buying our rifle". But Evil is right. I was going to say Get more mags, but, yeah.
Whats the stock made out of?

Dutch
I got the walnut stock with the stainless barrel. I took it to the range on Saturday and put 40 rounds thru the gun. AWESOME. I had to adjust the windage three clicks left. Since there was zero wind I need to fix the front sights. I will go to a 200 yard range this Saturday. More to come.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,695 Posts
I got one of the rifle carrying bags about 10 years ago with one, it was pretty nice.
m14brian

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I took my M1A to Ben Avery today and sighted it in. WOW. This gun is amazing. I had no windage adjustment and only a few clicks of elevation. The gun put every clip in 1.5 - 2 inch groups. I could not believe that iron sights could be this accurate.

As soon as I got home I put my new Harris Bipod on the gun and plan to go back to Ben Avery next week. I look forward to posting pictures as soon as I can figure how.

I could not be happier with this purchase.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tophlor, did you go online and sign up for your3 free 20 round magazines yet?
Yes, I did this this week. I filled in the forms online and now I await the shipment.

I also sent in my coupon for some items I wanted. I will let you know when I get them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts