M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I know what you mean. I got the M-14 and M-16 lighters from our local Academys. Need to stop by and see if they've gotten any new ones lately. GI1

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
I have had one for a few months and so far it works great. It "fires" every time. I also had to have a Daisy Model 14 bb gun. It is plastic stocked, but works great. I am a sucker for all things M14.
There is like 8 or 10 other model lighters too for you AK or AR fans.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alaska!

Almost nothing is illegal here except poaching...you can bet you'll get nailed for that! When it comes to guns, you can have anything/everything up here. Class III - you name it. We got a new range opening up in town that will have full-autos to rent at their indoor range, can't wait! Although full auto was the best when Uncle footed the bill for ammo. I'm saving up for a M2.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nice Pic of the m14 Lighter!

I own one too and get tons of compliments when people see it. Going to refill it for the first time this week.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
lighters are illegal in california if they have a bayotnet lug on the wind screen.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Well, is it a cigarette lighter, or a barbeque lighter? They seemed to have banned everything cigarette related in some places. It fires my my charcoal grill right up every time, but I did have to tune it a bit. The flame adjustment knob would not let me adjust the flame to a usable size, it was so small on the highest adjustment that it was unusable, but with a bit of tuning to let it adjust more it works great. I do not know if this is a common issue, but I will be glad to provide details to anyone if they need me to. It is a simple mechanism, so it is very easy to figure out. Still though, I gotta get me a Zippo! No I don't smoke, but I love to grill. FIRE, BEEF, and BEER....Yea, I love it!

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Well, is it a cigarette lighter, or a barbeque lighter? They seemed to have banned everything cigarette related in some places. It fires my my charcoal grill right up every time, but I did have to tune it a bit. The flame adjustment knob would not let me adjust the flame to a usable size, it was so small on the highest adjustment that it was unusable, but with a bit of tuning to let it adjust more it works great. I do not know if this is a common issue, but I will be glad to provide details to anyone if they need me to. It is a simple mechanism, so it is very easy to figure out. Still though, I gotta get me a Zippo! No I don't smoke, but I love to grill. FIRE, BEEF, and BEER....Yea, I love it!

I guess whenever I first joined the forum and was told that *anything* related to the M14-M1A platform can be found right here in these pages I sure wasn't being lied to, was I?

'Got a M14 BBQ Lighter that needs tweaked and massaged?'

You've come to the right place!

LOL

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
I bet if you water it it will become an M1A!

·
Very Old Salt
1,906 Posts
I saw that, but it does have free shipping and it's only $9.98. I didn't see any that was Prime eligible.
I didn't see the free shipping part. In that case, of course I'm getting one. Be ready for the tiger striped m14 lighter.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Here are a few bad pics of my M14 lighter, M14 hat pin, tiny M6 bayonet, Daisy M14 bb gun, and a bayo letter opener. Oh, and a bolt-action pen. Yes, I am a M14 NUT! Can anyone ID the model Bayo the letter opener is suppose to be? I was told it was a M1 bayo, but I am not so sure.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts