M14 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked this up this morning. It was a kit gun built from an all Winchester parts kit and assembled with a Springfield Armory receiver. It has the matching Big Red Winchester stock. I mounted up a Vortex 1-4x scope on a Sadlak mount. Just a beauty. Can't wait to get out to the range and try it out. Saturday can't get here fast enough.

Reactions: PaulGman

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
She looks sharp. Give us a range report when you can.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Very nice. Call me sentimental, but with a set of real M14 parts, I would have almost gotten me a receiver that said "U.S. Rifle M14", just to have it all match. No big deal, but that's just me.

Outside of my own irrelevant opinion, that is one fine looking rig.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice. Call me sentimental, but with a set of real M14 parts, I would have almost gotten me a receiver that said "U.S. Rifle M14", just to have it all match. No big deal, but that's just me.

Outside of my own irrelevant opinion, that is one fine looking rig.
That sure would be the icing on the cake! DI2

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Definitely a nice looking rifle!

Love the color of the stock.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
What a beauty! You have every right to be tickled to death with the way your build turned out. I have a preban SAI with a TRW bolt, TRW op rod, TRW trigger group, TRW rear sight, all in a nice walnut Bishop commercial stock that I am mighty fond of. The only non TRW part is the GI Winchester barrel but I can live with that.

7th

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
If you want optical sights you've picked a set-up that makes practical sense for the rig. Good eye relief, wide field of view, clear glass, solid construction, dependable click values, and enough magnification to acquire a target at distances within the firearm's effective range.

Big Red looks good, too. Did you have to whittle on it a bit or trim the metal liner to get the right fit?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you want optical sights you've picked a set-up that makes practical sense for the rig. Good eye relief, wide field of view, clear glass, solid construction, dependable click values, and enough magnification to acquire a target at distances within the firearm's effective range.

Big Red looks good, too. Did you have to whittle on it a bit or trim the metal liner to get the right fit?
I didn't do any of the assembly aside from mounting up the scope. Everything was done by a 'smith in Washington State near Ft Lewis.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for noticing. The hand guard was already scalloped before I acquired it. It does look very cool :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Very nice looking rifle, a real beauty. I noticed the hand guard also, never seen one before. I like it. I wonder if those cut outs (vents) are mainly cosmetic or if they help cool the barrel much. I might do the cut outs on my handguard, even if they are mostly cosmetic. Let us know how she shoots.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.