Registered
2,328 Posts
Well if that ain't sumthun
Tactical Research Weapons , I wonder where their stuff comes from
I know where Bula's stuff is made

·
Forum Jester
8,251 Posts
six,looks exactly like the 2 i have for sale that are springfield armory.if they were trw,thhey would be engraved as so,according to the picture,and the parked roller

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
The trigger housing they have for $65 is stamped "USA".
I agree, I will keep my money until they give more info on where the parts are made, material they are made from, and other specs are posted on the site. I will say it is a good thing to have another option, but I want more details first.

·
Registered
14,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All of our parts are made here in America in our factory.

Big blue letters in the opening paragraph of the page I posted above.

I'm hoping someone has some factual information about their products. I find it difficult to believe that someone is cranking out US made M14 parts and this forum doesn't know about it. If you are going to search GunBroker for TRW Receivers, try actually typing in "TRW Receiver."

·
Eye Master
4,152 Posts
TRW does not use that logo anymore, so it could be old enough that it was no longer trademarked. I'm no trademark lawyer, but I think you need to actively protect a trademark, or it goes into the public domain at some point.

That said, I only saw a side view of the receiver, no heel mark in the shot, so maybe these guys are acting as a reseller for someone else's receivers, rather than making their own. If they were a new producer, you'd believe that the M14 forum would have gotten a whiff of it at some point.

·
Registered
14,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TRW does not use that logo anymore, so it could be old enough that it was no longer trademarked. I'm no trademark lawyer, but I think you need to actively protect a trademark, or it goes into the public domain at some point.

That said, I only saw a side view of the receiver, no heel mark in the shot, so maybe these guys are acting as a reseller for someone else's receivers, rather than making their own. If they were a new producer, you'd believe that the M14 forum would have gotten a whiff of it at some point.
The 2 on GunBroker show TRW logos on the heelmark. One is a plain receiver, the other is an IDF style build.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
They should send one to one of the TRUSTED m14 armorers/smiths we all know and trust so well. I would be much more likely to buy from them then. I hope they turn out to be a good company and produce good in spec parts.

·
Registered
14,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I looked at a couple of pictures on their parts page. Most look like new unmarked production. The elevation pinion is clearly a WCE, but they want $95 for it so it just might be so.

Hopefully, someone here lives near Naples. RNGR2

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.