M14 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum but have been scanning through quite a few threads and cannot find a definite answer here. I realize people mostly shoot milsurp 7.62 out of these. On Classic where I bought the rifle it says it is a ".308" so my question is can I put commercial .308 150gr through this rifle? I've only seen a few posts of people using steel cased commercial .308 (Wolf and Tulammo) because commercial brass is too soft. Is this wayyyy too much pressure for the op rod? If so, is there a gas plug like schuster's that would work in a BM59 for commercial ammo? Hoping someone can shed some light on this for me and other people out there searching for an answer on this. Thanks everyone!

·
Administrator
17,765 Posts
I'm new to this forum (Well howdy, welcome on board) but have been scanning through quite a few threads and cannot find a definite answer here.
I realize , people mostly shoot milsurp 7.62 out of these. On Classic where I bought the rifle it says it is a ".308" so my question is can I put commercial .308 150gr through this rifle? Yes, it's good to go.
I've only seen a few posts of people using steel cased commercial .308 (Wolf and Tulammo) because commercial brass is too soft. Never use steel case in your rifle, it was never manufactured for steel case. Unless your rifle was manufactured in the Russian Block counties.
Is this wayyyy too much pressure for the op rod? If so, is there a gas plug like schuster's that would work in a BM59 for commercial ammo? Hoping someone can shed some light on this for me and other people out there searching for an answer on this. Thanks everyone!
I hope that this few questions answered will get you most of the way to the shooting range.

DI5

1 - 3 of 3 Posts