M14 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. New-join here from Arizona. I am a USMC vet (late 80’s early 90’s) and have enjoyed shooting sports most of my life. I’m a husband of one and father of three age 12,10, and 8 (all three are shooters).

I am new to the M14/M1A world – have drooled over them for years – but finally got one. It was advertised as a “NIB” “Loaded” model. When inspected appeared to be never fired and only slightly molested loaded SA commercial unit from about 3 years ago. The previous owner was “building a NM unit.” So – it is the standard loaded model with the addition of the hooded rear sight, a NM style spring guide and the wood stock (composite came in a box with it – and has gone back on so as to not beat up the beautiful fresh wood one while I sort things out). I drug it down to Phil Arrington when I could not get the gas cylinder plug out and did not want to do what I normally would do to a stuck bolt (start heating, cutting or bending things)… I had him true up the trigger and mod the rear site so that it seats properly. I am really enjoying this rifle and am looking forward to some casual participation in local service rifle match stuff (I am building a black gun for my 12 year old to shoot SR competition as well).

Looking forward to plugging in here and learning something from this crew. Perhaps someday I’ll even become useful.

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, BigNate, you are already useful, you increased our ranks by one, maybe five. GI2 I'm sure you will find the forums informative and will enjoy being here with us. Have fun.

-

·
Registered
412 Posts
Welcome aboard, just remember we Arizonan's are not always liked about this time of yearGI8.

We tend to brag about going shooting in the nice sunny weather, they can't.GI6

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome aboard, just remember we Arizonan's are not always liked about this time of yearGI8.

We tend to brag about going shooting in the nice sunny weather, they can't.GI6
I've had a very slow day here at work... Pretty sure I am going to punch out early and head over to Ben Avery... GI2

·
Registered
409 Posts
Welcome aboard, and congratulations on the rifle.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I, too, am a new guy to the site and have found a plethora of info digging through the archives. Have fun.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Welcome to the forum, enjoy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
welcome, great site and full of useful info. still reading, learning from all the knowledgeable people on this site

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum , and thanks for your service to our Lord and our country ! !

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U. S. ARMY VET

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again for all the "welcomes"... Glad to be here...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts