M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new production Iraqi bulged receiver, folding stock Tabuk 7.62x39 AKM by Two
Rivers Arms. This is a very limited production semi- auto only recreation of the one rifle
every Iraqi war vet wanted to bring home.
It is manufactured on a new, matching number parts kit, with original new non chrome lined
barrel, Nodak Spud made a limited run of 1.5mm RPK style bulged barrel trunions, serial
numbered to match the parts kit.
Two Rivers engraved the left side of the rear sight block with the Lion of Babylon set against
a pyramid w/arabic script, the right side of rear sight block is engraved Tabuk Cal.7.62mm
in english as were the original rifles. Three selector notch's were milled on receiver and
engraved with Arabic selector markings.
Rifle has folding grenade launching sight w/cutoff, folding luminous front and rear auxillary
night sights. They manufactured the original Yugoslavian style pistol grip, Ironwood Designs
manufactured the beechwood handguards.
Rifle was hot blued as were the originals, I bought the original sling, grenade launching spigot, bayonet, and got a reprinted Arabic operators manual. There were only 20 new all
matching kits w/original barrels manufactured into rifles. I got serial # 6 which was the
1st rifle offered to the public, and says so on the receipt. A very rare and interesting AK
variation in perfect new unfired condition, will make a great display. You can see multiple
color pictures of these rifles on Two Rivers Arms website.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Looking at those pics on the link, they look just like yugos. I'm currently building a yugo right now in fact. Sounds like the Iraqis got their weaponry and/or tooling from the yugos.

The yugos took their killing very seriously and they put alot of thought into their AKs.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Looking at those pics on the link, they look just like yugos. I'm currently building a yugo right now in fact. Sounds like the Iraqis got their weaponry and/or tooling from the yugos.

The yugos took their killing very seriously and they put alot of thought into their AKs.
Yes the "tabuk rifle" is basically a Yugo M70...with some parts made locally. Late Tabuks (late 80s-2003) dispense with the GL gas block and locking topcover etc.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Looking at those pics on the link, they look just like yugos.
The rifles are built with Yugo parts NOT Iraqi - They engrave the "correct" markings onto NOS or scrubbed Yugo parts..... Others build Tabuk clones but these have the finest engraving that I've seen - I bought a Virgin RPK kit years ago, hopefully i can get these guys to do some engraving for me!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.