M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from San Antonio.

So I'm new to the m14/m1a platform but I've been around the AR platform for a few years seeing as I'm in the military. I bought a used SA socom16 on impulse from buds. I was feeling a little nervous about buying a weapon I knew nothing about, but after watching a youtube video of how to disassemble and what to lube, I feel more at ease. Would it be fair to say the anxiety most new users feel is over played in our minds, and that the m14/m1a is a easy weapon to maintain? And yes I've ordered the owners guide from Duffy and that other guy. I'll be damned if I have a $1500 paper weight.

And I guess I need to post in order to gain access to other parts of the forum.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NorCal. You have got a good start with the basic books. Now it is time to spend time going through the threads from past years here, building your knowledge. if you cannot find what you are looking for, just ask, someone will help.

·
Registered
448 Posts
welcome
just keep reading and posting and you will be free before you know it
there are a lot of smart and helpfull guys and gals on hear that can help when you need it
hope you enjoy your knew addictionGI8 ( all things M14 )

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, 91dxo, getting a few post is pretty easy, put a post in the Geedunk, send a couple of cards to the troops and put a post in saying so. GI2 After a couple of posts you will see how simple it is. I know you will enjoy the forums and being here with us. Have fun.

-

·
Registered
250 Posts
If I can figure this rifle out, anybody can! Just be sure to read as much as you can, and if you run into something you're not sure about, just ask. Be sure to go through all of the "stickies", lots of useful info there.
Welcome aboard! Enjoy that SOCOM, I love mine!

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Access is not dependent on the number of posts one has. If you can't see something that you believe you should be able to see, sing out and we'll look into it.

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Socom is low maintenance... Enjoy it and buy more magazines and ammo! You never can have enough !!!!

I love my Socom... I am sure you will enjoy yours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome. I'm a noob myself and need posts. Stickies have good videos. Really old school, but informative. I remember training films like these from Army training. They sometimes have a sedative quality. Zzzzzzzzz. Wake up private!!!!! Everybody!!! On your feet!!! Front leaning rest position!!! You will not sleep during training!!!!! Down up!!! DISHOUT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts