M14 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo everybody,

Just signed ups so i guess it is time to introduce myself.
My Name is Mike, i am 41 years old, i am German.
Have eben a "gun nut" all my live but startet shooting only about 8 years ago.
Guess in my youth i have read to many Books and watched to many Movies about the vietnam war - result: i became a real fan of the M14 rifle.
They are somewhat hard to get here in germany so i bought ARs first but yesterday my Dream came true and now i own one (will Write about it in one of the Threads soon).
Have eben Reading here vor a while now and found lots of information that helped me with my decision to buy an M14 and hope to find more in the Future.

What else is there to say?
When not shooting i reload or i am out with my Camera which is my second Hobby.

Please be a bist lenient with me concerning my english. 20 years after School i may be a bit rusty GI2

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,027 Posts
Now you have made a good decision in registering here this morning and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you can post often MH1975.

DI5

·
Premium Member
20,442 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mike.
Wise decision on the M14.
Your English has to be way better than my German as I know almost none.
None of us are masters of English as you know if you have been reading the forum for awhile.

Semper Fi
Art

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Welcome from the So CA desert

·
Registered
10 Posts
Howdy, Mike. Half German myself but it's a pleasure to talk to the real deal. I also just joined and have already spent hours reading. Congratulations on your dream come true, mine did a month ago as well. Even put clean sheets on the bed for her first night. And your Typed English is better than most the folks I know who've writ it all their lives, including yours truly.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So now some facts about the rifle:

It started as a luxdeftec M14

http://www.waffenschumacher.com/shop_241_m14-buechsen_.htm

SAI M1As are Hard to get (say: all Dealers i know of simply have none)
So i bought .223 and .308 ARs First. While those rifles are very very accurate i still wanted an M14.
About 2 years ago the luxdeftec arrived in my local gunshop.
I did not buy it right away because i thought luxdeftec just threw parts together.
I help orten in the shop because the owner is a very good friend of mine. So that thing kept bugging me.
Research than revealed the following:
Receivers are original M14 (they eben have the slot where the selector switch for semi or full Auto Haus been ). Other Parts are milstandard too. Barrel comes from Lothar Walther. Very good Barrels comparable to Krieger or Criterion. I would have prefered one of the later but they are like the white elephant - none to be found.
The stock Even has the metal inserts of milspec stocks.

Still i was reluctant to buy - spend another small fortune for a 308 semiauto?

Then came the info that Schumacher is selling original sage ebr stocks. I had them send one to me. It arrived at the shop and once i held ist in my hand i bought it along with the rifle right away. We assembled it two days ago and i fired of a few rounds yesterday.
It works like a charm and i simply love it.
Parts fit snugly and i had no problems putting the system in the sage Stock ( will Post pics and some questions in the modern section soon)
Schumacher had only 80 stocks imported to germany and has no plans on importing more.
I got one of the Last two. A friend of mine owns a SAI super match helped with the Assembly and ordered the last stock in the minute we tightened the last screw on mine)

Thats what she looks right now

http://www.waffenschumacher.com/article_images/m14ebg1.jpg

Had only time for about ten rounds at 15 meters to make sure she runs but will take her to the 100 Meter range soon. After ten rounds i had to stop because all other shooters were starting to ask questions or wanted to hold her. Pretty cool .-)

So far i am pretty pleased

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.