M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Folks,
Returning to firearms & reloading of late and got the old M1A out that I bought in the mid 80s. I went through boot in 1972 so they had not switched to 16s at that time, hence the attachment, at least for me anyway. Ever since I got this weopon, and ever since I had access to the web I've looked for one of the old range books we used while at MCRD but with no luck. A week ago I got on a firing line with a 200, 300 and 500 yrd option so here I am again, looking back with longing for that old rangebook for recording windage and elevation on different lines and different wind conditions. I know I could get a modern version easy enough but wondered does anyone know if and where old range books from the 60s and 70s might be available. I had three brothers in the Corps and I think we all used similar versions.
Thanks in advance for any leads you might have.
John

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, SgtDog0311, how about that an answer to your quest on the first reply. GI2GI2 I am sure you will be looking for more information and this is the place to get it. I know you will enjoy the forums and being here with us, have fun.

-

·
Registered
518 Posts
Welcome aboard SgtDog0311

Didn't your Drill Instructor tell you not to lose your range bookDISHOUT?
Lots of professionals on this site---have fun.GI2

Siefly
MC1

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Range Book

I bet my DI told me exactly that, at high volume too. Couple of them probably still tough enough to emphasis it still. DISHOUT

Interestingly enough I still have my old white drawstring bag hanging in the garage and it has about everything I discharged with BUT my range book.

And yeah, how bout that. An answer on the first go-round. Much appreciated! I'm not sure if that's the exact one, might have been the version just before that based on my dates but it's close enough.

Thanks to all the 'Welcomes aboards'. I've got lots of reloading questions and am sure to enjoy being the new kid again at 56. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Range Book

GI2 I'm pumped!!! Just ordered it on Amazon. A little indulgent but I've been looking for one of those for 10 years. Thanks Again!!!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
A pleasure sir. For once I had an answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts