M14 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!
New to this scene, originally set out looking for a semi-auto full caliber gun and fell in love with the Garand....and that turned into the M1A. In the market for both now so signed up to learn.
I'm leaning to a M1A Scout model, hopefully I can swoop one up soon!

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I personally do not know anything about Scouts or any other 14 types with barrels shorter than 22 inches, there are few on the forum who own and shoot these shorties.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
the 18'' barrels on those are really handy, you'll like it. Im sure down the road you'll find yourself wanting another with a 22" barrel. I have both and love both barrel lengths and it kind of spices things up to have variety. Gunbroker is a good place to find good deals on M1A's you just gotta do alot of searching but its worth it when you save 100's of dollars over MSP

·
Administrator
17,179 Posts
Great decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often adamsredlines.

DI5

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Welcome aboard from E. Kentucky.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!
I've already learned a bit about Surplus ammo, I may have an ammo cannot '06 black tip already for when I do get a Garand.

I think the 18"bbl will be most versatile for my use. Who knows what will come over time :)

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you. Looks like a nice deal on a Scout just came up in the PX!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Welcome aboard! Nothing wrong with buying the stuff you need before the rifle, a lot of times when you see something related to the M14 it is an instant compulsion to buy it. + 1 on Gunbroker, spend some time studying the auctions, you will see patterns and wait until you see what you really want. Right now things are pretty calm on Gunbroker except a lot of too high starting prices, the auctions that are moving are no reserve auctions on new rifles and older/ pre ban rifles that are not insanely overpriced.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts