M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting on a scout squad and a national match to arrive this coming week.

I'm not a collector or fanatic, been a car guy and a machinist for 35 years. Enjoyed some shooting over the years with friends and family, but not a heavy duty hunter.

My so-called arsenal consists of a couple ar-15 style rifles, a rem-700 bolt 30-06, a couple 22LR rifles, 3 pistols, three 12 gauges, a 17 pellet rifle, and two red riders for when I don't want to leave the front porch. Only ones I actually bought new were the pellet rifle and a Browning BL-22. The rest I traded services or bartered for when presented with an offer.

I've wanted a 308, specifically a traditional looking M1A for some time, but I couldn't decide which. Figure to treat myself with both. I can learn the details and ropes with the scout. After getting some practice and range time I"ll get to the match rifle when consistent.

I tried to go budget on the scout with the black composite. When I was at the local shop I decided to let my old school hang out and get both in walnut and blue steel.

Now I just have to wait to get them.

·
Administrator
17,196 Posts
Welcome on board ranger7gt, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome on board and have yourself a great weekend.

DI5

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
about that buy back program

XXIV Corps
Thanks for welcoming me here.
Unfortunately I can't afford to participate in a buy back program, I don't have enough money to buy them all.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Welcome from the So CA desert

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for making me welcome.

I now have a new scout squad and a new national match, both in walnut/blue. I really like the look, feel, and balance. Its hard to know which one I want shoot first, but I plan to make use of the scout for a while to get accustomed to and familiar with the use and handling of the M1A/M14 platform. When I get some technique committed to memory and show some consistent performance it'll be time to go for the match rifle.

I should have gotten one of these years ago.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts