M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a Scout Squad a few months ago and figured I should join a forum to stay up on the latest with M1As/M14s. I love the gun so far except for the weight, but I carried an M60 in the Army so I tell myself it could always be worse. So far I've got a Sadlack Airborne scope mount, Burris XTR II 1-5-8X28 scope with FF3, Smith bolt release, and a kydex cheek rest I modified to fit myself, along with a Blue Force Vickers sling I'm running upside down so I can use it as a shooting sling. I'll add a Sadlack rail piece up front so I can use a bipod with it, a NM guide rod and possibly swap out the muzzle brake for a flash suppressor and probably call it good.

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,124 Posts
Welcome on board AirborneTexan, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome on board and have yourself a great week neighbor. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you.

DI5

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Welcome from MN and thank you for your service.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from South of Houston! Always glad to see another Texan arrive!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome from the deserts of Nevada. Your reference to your "GUN" makes me smile. In my Army days if you used the term gun you were required to grab your crotch with one hand your rifle in the other and then run in circles yelling "THIS IS MY RIFLE, THIS IS MY GUN, THIS IS FOR FIGHTING, THIS IS FOR FUN". It's one of those things that is funny now but not at the time.

The M60 can provide such awesome suppressive fire.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Welcome aboard from Nor Cal.
Nice boom stick.

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
Welcome from the So CA desert

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.