M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going folks? Just wanted to be neighborly and do a formal introduction with my like minded friends. I'm a Marine from SW Ohio who happens to be the father of a SOCOM16. I became tired of all the AR15 many variants and decided to buy the sexiest (IMO) rifle made. That being a M1A of course and we'll, I have a thing for short barreled rifles. Not to be mistaken as a SBR in the sense of the BATF. I just mean rifles with a barrel shorter than 18". Any how I believe the SOCOM16 to be a good rifle and with some improvements a exceptional rifle. That is why I am here. I'm hoping to share my experience seaking what it takes to make my rifle exceptional. I have so many questions that I can't afford to experiment with and hope to gain advice from those walking the same path. Thanks for having me onboard and I'll see you down range.

·
Administrator
17,947 Posts
Welcome aboard GrannyRoo, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome aboard and have yourself a great week ahead. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you.

XXIV Corps

Reactions: GrannyRoo

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Welcome from SoCal. Good people and info here. -Lloyd 🍻

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Welcome from Texas. I see you joined 2 years ago and just now introduced yourself. I bet you have read a lot here during that time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome from Texas. I see you joined 2 years ago and just now introduced yourself. I bet you have read a lot here during that time.
Not at all actually. I picked up a new job and the few times I tried to log in I had problems with remembering my password and honestly moved on. But I have that fixed so here I am.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
17,422 Posts
Thanks dog. There was a time when I would surf lake Bandeny* during the day and drink beer at night in Joshua Tree and watch Arty shoot sand turtles.
Lol, I used to live way down on the dirt part of Lear Ave (the back convoy route to the base) and I could see a couple of the machine gun ranges on center from my porch and I would watch the tracers at dusk sometimes. I saw a VMU drone ONE time for about 4 0r 5 seconds and I'll be damned I could not find it again no matter what. Lots to see by the base lol. What years were you stationed here?
m14brian

1 - 20 of 24 Posts